Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Dinovite dog supplements

98K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  ColtonXavier 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever heard of or tried Dinovite supplement for dogs? They have started advertising on the radio here in Chicago and it sounds kind of interesting...but, being an ad, of course they're not going to say anything but how great the product is. I was just wondering if anyone here has had any real life experience with it. Thanks. <-Steve->

#2 ·
I've heard about them here too. (Near Minneapolis.) But I don't know anyone that's tried them. I'll post if I hear anything.

#3 ·
I was having the problem with one of my dogs. He was costing us a great deal in vet bills yearly and we were considering having to have him put down...tearfully. His allergy isn't to fleas, but the vet hasn't been able to figure out what as yet, but feels the basis is a compromised immune system. Anyway...the dinovite has really worked well. He has had the fewest vet visits since being on the dinovite (2 years now)however...it seems the makers of dinovite are now getting greedy, the price has jumped dramatically in the past few months. The bucket that was costing me $80.00 for him, now jumped to $118.00.. plus shipping. I'm now searching for a reasonable alternate to the dinovite.

#5 ·
Stay away from Dinovite!! Smells horrible, dogs won't eat it. Dosage amount per company: 1 tablespoon per 10 lbs of body weight. This stuff looks like finely ground saw dust. Our older lab weighs 70 lbs. Imagine 7 tablespoons of saw dust in the dog's food bowl. Directions also say to add a little water to activate enzymes. Now you get a smelly, green goo coating eveything in the dog's bowl. Our dog's wouldn't eat for a week. When they did try to eat it, they got horribly sick, throwing up all over the floor. Don't believe the commercials.

#6 ·
You can't be talking about Dinovite Supplements

We've been using it for over 3 years without a single problem. My mutts took to the switch the way all dogs take to diet change...not very well at first...but I just followed the instructions they sent with the product and after about a week, they were eating with their same vigor. In fact my dogs, my sister's dog, my mom's dog, nephew's and niece's dogs all are on dinovite. Did you try their carnoyum product, that's what my nephew uses for his dog.

As for a green coating on the bowl...there's never anything left after my dogs are done.

I'm a believer in the results I've seen with my eyes not the commercials. They have never been this full of energy or looked this good!

The people at Dinovite.com were very helpful when I've had questions too.

#8 ·
I agree with muttsrock's post. I also have used many dinovite products for years. I breed and train dogs and all my puppies are started on Dinovite in the first meal. And, the mom's are on it all the time, while pregnant or nursing. I have tried MANY products over the years and when I find one I really like, I stick with it.

I did not notice a jump in price on the products but there has been a jump in shipping costs. I buy the big sizes that weigh a lot. I think the one I get weighs about 30 lbs. so it costs a lot to ship it. But, I am NOT going to the vet for the allergies that cost me a FORTUNE with no real change. And, my females keep a healthy weight even after giving birth to puppies and nursing.

I am a believer in their products. I even give the small jars of Dinovite to the people who get my pups because I want them to get the best start in life.

I'd give it a try. They have a money back guarantee. And try the Lickochops-my dogs LOVE IT!

#9 ·
We have been using Dinovite for over a month and noticed a dramatic improvement. No more scratching paws and ears, softer coat, stool seem normal too. I give him 3 spoons in the morning and 3 in the evening (I may reduce amount down to 2 spoons each time) I mix it with Iams; I add some water to improve mixing it and steer for about 3-4 minutes. we have a 4 years old German Sheppard, just over 90 pounds.

#11 ·
Used them but them made a switch to nuvet -

Hi - I was on the Dinovite but now we use NuVET -
I have some samples if you want me to send you some...
just write to my e-mail...

Excellent product - I have a coupon , too.

Marie

#12 ·
NuVet Dog vitamins - much better than Pet Tabs....

NuVet is much safer than Pet Tabs - Have you heard about pet tabs having 80% sugar in them?
I am a rep for NuVET -BUT - have used it for years before I started to sell the product....
Excellent...

here is the link - I had forgot to place it in my above post;
http://www.nuvet.com/81098

IF you want a taste test sample - send my an e-mail

mtnmom@gci.net

#14 ·
I have a dog and I used dinovite dog supplement on him. The results were great and I recommend this product for every pet dog owner. I found suppliers of this product in the following website thepetsdir.com/Pets_Shopping/Pet_Supplies/Pets_Health/9383.html.

I hope you take my advice and use this product.

Regards,
Tahir.

#16 ·
Dinovite works.

Honestly dinovite works depending on your dogs problems and current diet. It's not a "miracle powder" but has helped many dog owners over the years increase the overall health of their pets.

The problem is usually the dog's food. Basically, dog food has had the life cooked out of it. Dry and canned dog foods are subjected to extreme heat in the production process. This heat destroys or seriously damages the digestive enzymes, beneficial vitamins and fragile nutrients every dog needs to maintain good health and a strong immune system. A dog's "good health" is always running at a deficit because his diet is full of deficiencies. These deficiencies or gaps cause real issues with your dog's digestive tract and immune system. Over time, these issues in your dog's body can show up as symptoms such as itchy red skin, hot spots, ear infections, excess shedding, dull coat, allergies, funky odors, and on and on. Dinovite helps fill these nutritional gaps.

Here's where I buy mine: http://www.k9healthsolutions.com/

#20 ·
If you go to Dinovite's website they have a section somewhere on their raw diet they use. They even have videos of how to do it. I think it used raw meat, like ground beef, eggs, rice (if desired) and their Dinovite products. Looks pretty simple. I haven't tried it yet as I don't feed raw, atm. If I wanted to feed raw, though, I would check into it for sure. I'm just started including the original powder Dinovite into my dogs food...very small amount right now. They are eating Fromm 4Star along with some canned food. They are all in good shape (I do have a senior with a major health issue, but she is in good shape considering it) and I'm hoping it will help with some minor shedding and help boost immune systems all around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.