Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

My new pigs

9K views 44 replies 11 participants last post by  Jennicat 
#1 ·
A breeder freind of mine had some babies up for adoption and I could not resist and she had a few that she had breed prioir to that that I wanted and breed them to certion males for me and suprised me with them. I had ben bugging her that while holding them I was gonna take them and that I wanted to breed some females when I got femals with hers that trow nice teddys and abbys.
And then another came from a home were she was fighting with there one female but she is doing great here and she is a fat pig but so sweet with out further adue here are my new piglests.

This Black Beautie was the one that was fighting with other pigs. we called her Mossad Officer Ziva David (zivz for short

KK Candy Cane (Kate from NCIS) DLCR PEW American. She is so sweet.

KK Smukers (Sweet Pee) DLCR Silk female

Dont be fooled this is not a ground hog lol

KK Cookie (Twilight) DLCR abby silver Agouti

KK Snicker Doodle DLCR female long haird (con) Tortishell with white

KK Carmel Corn (Petty Coat Junktion) DLCR male (con) Turtie shell with white.
Well thats all of them. Oh they are so fluffly and cute.

See less See more
#2 ·
ok so I got 2 more, they are not ready yet but I got pictures of them, I just have to wait till they can come home with me.
They were named after sweets and are from the same person I got the others from. KK

Bannana Split female and Root Beer Float Male

This is them just about 2 hours after being born.

Bannanas Only white mark

she is shy

just look at that face she is so calm

root beer float is a little more skidish

he looks so cute

#4 ·
Very cute! Especially the little babies, so small!
I love the coloring of Candy Corn.
But I also agree with Kayla...

#5 ·
thanks But here I have not seen any in my surounding area or here in shelters. Maybe in new youk state and newyourk city but not here.
I also just sold 2 of my piglets that I breed yesterday that were ready and I have orders for piglets and so dose my friend who breeds them, Pluse we always advertize on our sites to check out local shelters near them to adopt the type of pet they are looking for 1st.
I am not going to start and argument on this but in my area there is none and if there are there few and far between and ushally get adopted out around here fairly quickly more so then rats or mice do. And I and my freind also plan on showing are pigs at 2 fairs maybe 3 this year depends on if the run and over lap each other like they did last year.
Diamond

#6 · (Edited)
Diamond there are multiple guinea pig rescues in PA and they are full:

Furry Friends Guinea Pig Rescue
411 Palmers Lane
Wallingford, PA 19086
(610) 565-5571
Furry_Friends@comcast.net

Wheek Care Guinea Pig Rescue
514 Arizona Drive
Lower Burrell, PA 15068
(724) 448-2107

There is also ABC Small Animal Rescue, Piggie Lovers Inc, and Starfish to the Sea. On Petfinder there are also multiple SPCAs and shelters with guinea pigs. Only in your mind are there no homeless pigs in your state. Just because there's not a homeless animal within five minutes of where you are doesn't mean there aren't any. Look on Petfinder -- there are plenty. Rescues commonly go to shelters and get as many of them as possible because most shelters don't have the capacity or supplies to house them. And most of them will adopt to quite a large area. Our rescue adopts to all of NC and SC.

#7 ·
again those places are not near me and are in big areas. we are in a small area and there are not ANY close to me. and all my pigs have homes and i have orders as in people on a waiting list.
I am not having this decusing I have heard what you said and if I want to brees then I will and 2 I never said I was breeding them all I might only have a slect few that I want. Point of the post was in intro my pigs now I am not going to have you or anyone start again on one of my post complaning or which ever you want call it or try to edjucate me.
I introde my pigs and that is all I am not going threw this again like i did tattoie. So say what you want but I am not even gonna reply I am gonna keep posting my pigglets ecnore you and others that are ridiculing me and say you are trying to help me. If I need your help I'll ask if I want edgucated I will seek advice from pig breeders and for your info I am being mentored by 2 reputable pig breeders.
But thanks for the complaments on my pigs and when I get time I will get more of all I have as in more of the new ones and my older ones.

#8 ·
I hope they're more reputable than the rabbit breeder feeding her breeding does the dog biscuits.

To everyone else, what Diamond believes isn't true. Most rescues work a very large area. As I said, we're in NC, and we adopt to all of NC. I drive 2-3 hours to do adoptions just about every weekend.

#15 ·
Your pigs are cute.There is no denying that.

Exactly! The ONLY small animal rescue here is in Lethbridge,NL...that is out of my city (St.Johns).However I adopted 4 guinea pigs and a rat from them and I am also fostering two rats for them now and they managed to get them all to me.

With rescues,they will do all they can to make sure the animals go to new,good homes and that includes driving/shipping/transporting them for hours if they have to.

The beagle rescue here I am involved with adopts beagles out ALL over Canada.

So all in all,you don't have an excuse.

#12 ·
I think those are from the breeder because the babies still have the dried umbilical cords on their undersides -- they're probably about a week old there and too young to be away from mom.

#16 ·
I breed becuase I want to the 2 new pigs were just born they are only a couple hours old.
I breed rats, mice, gerbils, dwarf hamsters, amd pigs NOT CATs that was a boo boo and was fixed. thank you.
and thouse place are in or near philly that is about 3 to 4 hours away. but oh well belive what you want.
and no his paw is on my thumb his head is over it, also I didnt say I was breeding them all either.
And each of the ones I breed I breed at differnt times, mice and dwarf and gerbils dont require as much as rats and pigs.
please if you have something to say PM this is to show my pigs off not start stuff.
Also the rabit breeder was out in Texas and that was when I was little if you would listen and read. I was like 5 when they started that. I am 27 know. I breed rabbits for 10 years with them rex, flemish, lops, and siames or californains. we called them siamese. When I came in here I said I was a breeder and pet owner, I breed pets that are healthy and well tempered and people come to me insted of a pet store were they are sick and not cared for. but any way I am gonna take more pics after while and post them later.

#17 ·
Because YOU WANT to. Do you see how selfish that sounds? Firstly, you already breed so many other animals, why do you need to breed pigs to? Did you correct your freind on the way she held her pigs? I doubt it since you held them the same way. If you cant even hold the pig properly are you responsible enough to breed them? I dont even see how wanting to is a legitimate reason for breeding. It is just totally uncessary. I do admit your pigs are cute, maybe we can take this debate somwhere else?

#18 ·
Doesnt matter where the debates happen., Diamond NEVER reads them with any thought. I think she's selfish and using the plight of animals to fund her own poor excuses.

***** Oh and update, Kayla, She also is planning on breeding her new Flemish Giant Rabbit -_-

Diamond, This forum supports RESONSIBLE breeders who specialize in carrying the pure genes of one or 2 species of animal. You breed several different kinds of animals entirely : lagamorph, rodent, mammal ...... There's no WAY you are specialized in all of them. So this is why we keep telling youthings you dont want to hear. We're trying to help you see what your doing from a responsible point of view that what your doing is milling your animals for profit because you like to see baby animals and you like to make a quick dollar by telling people your better than a pet store. Where do pet stores get their animals? They get them from large suppliers who breed more than one kind of animal without a care for the lines or genetics or even simply researching the species. How are you better than a pet store? Because all the money you make comes directly to you and people see it as a home-based environment so it must be good. ...... Really, I think you need to grow up and stop thinking about yourself. The world is a much bigger place than that.

#19 ·
Doesnt matter where the debates happen., Diamond NEVER reads them with any thought. I think she's selfish and using the plight of animals to fund her own poor excuses.

***** Oh and update, Kayla, She also is planning on breeding her new Flemish Giant Rabbit -_-

Diamond, This forum supports RESONSIBLE breeders who specialize in carrying the pure genes of one or 2 species of animal. You breed several different kinds of animals entirely : lagamorph, rodent, mammal ...... There's no WAY you are specialized in all of them. So this is why we keep telling youthings you dont want to hear. We're trying to help you see what your doing from a responsible point of view that what your doing is milling your animals for profit because you like to see baby animals and you like to make a quick dollar by telling people your better than a pet store. Where do pet stores get their animals? They get them from large suppliers who breed more than one kind of animal without a care for the lines or genetics or even simply researching the species. How are you better than a pet store? Because all the money you make comes directly to you and people see it as a home-based environment so it must be good. ...... Really, I think you need to grow up and stop thinking about yourself. The world is a much bigger place than that.

Well said

#21 ·
Agree. She admitted at one point that she had over a hundred animals living in her house and is still breeding. There's no way they're all getting the kind of care they need.

#22 ·
I dose not matter how many animals I have. Also I keep track of their lines and genetic if you looked at my site you would see on the breeding page who the mother is and the sales page their line and their relitives I own ans what colors and coats are in the back ground and yes i am specilized in the typs I breed. I dont mill If I milled I would be selling to pet stores and making tones of money and I would have porche in my drive way not a run down Suburu.
Not all my pets are breeders point you do what you do in your house and I'll do what I do in mine and you leave me out of your bizz i'll leave you out of mine. I give also with the money I make dontions to the SPCA want there number to ask them my self.
you guys are funny really you are. if I was a mill all my females would be pregnet all the time and they would be breed back to back. but what ever belive what you want go hug a tree or permot peta some more.
now i sujest you all back off you know I will not listen becuase I am not wrong and I will do what I want and how I want. you all should know by now that if you have told me befor and I am still breeding I am not going to its a lost cuase get over it and drop it. your words are fallig on deff ears. this is not advice is heckling and harassing in my book. sireously shut up already I am not listening and I dont give a rats butt what you say or think of me.
you are starting to sound like a broken record repeating your selves and do you see any one eals besides the little clan you have saying anything to me only the small handful of you not every one is on your side agrees with you and is saying anything And why should I care what you all think its what I think and if you want to think I am this or that go ahead dont care really. if every singel member on here agreed with you then maybe I would step back and think but there not. so selfish or what not dont care I am a ***** though I will admit that and selfish shure why not you think I am a byb and a mill wow if thats the case were is all that money i should be rolling in so can by my diamonds and gold and why am I not in that manchen in beverly hills?????? um thats becuase I am not what you think. lol but hay thanks for the next dinner topic I will talk about over dinner will I'll have a great laugh

#23 ·
I can't believe that this is still an issue. This is completely irresponsible breeding AGAIN. Diamond, as before, I am BEGGING you to stop breeding! I've said this before and I know you believe what you're doing is ok, but it's just not. You are contributing to the overpopulation of poorly bred and kept animals.

I can be forgiving if a person just doesn't know any better, but you have been very clearly informed by multiple people on multiple occasions of your various unacceptable breeding practices. This is choosing to be ignorant at the expense of animals' wellbeing! I am disappointed that you have been so closed-minded about this.

#24 ·
you know I am not going to listen becuase i am sorry I dont belive what you are telling me as a breeder I should do. I am a breeder and not breedign for a breeder is well like whipen before you poop it dont make sence.
why dont you get it I am going to do what I want all my babies and animals are healthy and the pic prove it but hey belive what you want you think I am a byb and a mill i think you are all uptight need to get either layed, off your butts and do something better then be a lonyl house wife or what ever ad stop dissiong on others and look at your own problems.
you all or I should say the small clan of you not all of you diss and singel me out, and say I dont keep track on lines which thats funny when I state who parents are and post on my site whos being breed and all who had babies but point is when a small group or a singel person grips, dwels and complains to some one who is inocent and tell them they are this or that when not means that in reality they are doing what they are blaming others for. Its humen phycholgy but you think what I want and I will think what I want and you keep to you bizz I will keep to mine. Its a free country and we can think and say what we want and think freely and you all keep telling me this is what this form is for more less advice, freedom to say what we think and feel so I'm gonna just roll with that.

#25 ·
I will remind you that you are posting on a public forum and are inviting responses to the information that you provide. Just because the responses are not what you want them to be does not make them wrong.

off your butts and do something better then be a lonyl house wife or what ever ad stop dissiong on others and look at your own problems.
I will also warn you that this is a potentially offensive statement and you should watch what you say. What an assumption to make! You can comment on other people's problems when they post about them on the forum and not before. AGAIN, no one here has "dissed" you personally and I have seen you attempt to do so to others on multiple occasions. Your response to well-intentioned advice is to attack others. Stop telling others to look at their own problems and take a look at yourself! I don't want to be mean and I want to help you and your animals, but you are making it incredibly difficult.

#26 ·
I dont need help nore do my animals thank you I would kindly ask you all to stop know for what I do in my house is my bizz and if I post what i do so be it at lest i am not lieing about what I do.
Point you have your belifes I have mine I think i have been on her long enough for you all to know that I will do what I want and how I want and i ask that again that is you can post nice things on here then dont post them on here PM and we will disscus it then.

#27 ·
Diamond, everyone has pointed out what you are doing is wrong yet you continue to be ignorant. You can not provide proof of good living conditions because you dont have any. I beg of someone in her state, report her, if she is providing good care for these animals then she has nothing to worry about. Honestly diamond, you have a problem. Breeding these animals is just selfish. If you have a problem with what people say I suggest you leave the forum, as long as you continue to breed people will continue to make comments

#29 ·
We've kind of gone through this with her. Her friend that she assured us was her mentor and ok with what she was doing came to the board and said that she was uncomfortable with Diamond's standard of care and that her animals weren't getting vet care.

Diamond said that was a lie and told us to call the SPCA and get proof. She even gave the number. Someone called and the person that answered had no idea who she was. Then Diamond told us we talked to the wrong people.

Her stories kind of seem to go like that. She's had so many now -- first her vet gave her free care. Then someone pointed out that she said she couldn't afford a spay for her cat, and she said that her vet gave her discounted care. Then for some reason, the story changed to the fact that her vet was very expensive.

She still hasn't shown any pictures of her animals in adequate cages since her first pictures of the rats in those horribly tiny cages. Her mice in another thread were giving birth in CRITTER KEEPERS (dear god). I highly doubt that her guinea pigs are getting the recommended 7.5 square feet per pair.

#28 ·
Diamond, I don't think anyone is being mean to you, they're just trying to help you. Telling you to stop breeding is ADVICE. Because you already have a lot of animals as it is. Don't think they're being mean or rude or whatever, because they're just trying to help you. =\

#30 ·
Actually I think many of us get "off our butts and stop being a loyal house wife". If you haven't noticed many of the members, including my self are quiet young and have high levels of education and intelligence, and we are using it to educate you on proper standards of care and breeding.

You know you are wrong Diamond, which is why you are fighting back and not taking the advice that is given to you.

Can you provide birth certificates to prove lineage of you breeding animals?

#32 ·
Ive been reading through this, and its pretty ridiculous. Diamond, if you would stop being SO overly defensive, and just talk instead of name calling and accusing people of being "Lonely house wives" or what ever.
I mean really... If you were a responsible breeder, no one would be attacking you. I can think of several members who breed animals, including Kayla who breeds her cresties, who dont get attacked. So its not that we gang up on every single breeder, which is what you seem to be assuming- Just the irresponsible ones.

If you want every one to leave you alone about your breeding, how about you show us pictures of your current set ups? Since you seem to be so confident in your care and breeding, it shouldnt be an issue. Just because you keep track of your animals parents doesnt mean they are well cared for, and I think every one just wants to make sure you ARE indeed taking proper car eof them.

Having been the owner of 3 shelter piggies, I dont support breeding them, and even if you dont have any shelter guinea pigs in your area, it doesnt mean that there arent thousands in need of a home.
And BTW, I would suggesting finding a better way to handle them. Your going to break their little backs....

#34 ·
Diamond, you need help. Really, I think you should seek therapy. Before you get defensive, I have told a lot of people on this forum that they should talk to a counselor regarding various issues. It doesn't mean that I think you're crazy or bad or anything so just don't even go there.

You are clearly not stupid. Behind all the spelling mistakes in your posts you generally display the ability convey coherent thoughts. However, I think that you have a problem. You have too many animals and it's too much for one person. They are not getting the care that they need and we have seen photographic evidence of this, along with things you have said. You may try to argue that we misinterpreted your words but you cannot argue against those pictures.

Here is some information about hoarding from Tufts University for everyone to read:
http://www.tufts.edu/vet/cfa/hoarding/

It provides a definition of hoarding including
Inability to provide even minimal standards of nutrition, sanitation, shelter, and veterinary care
Denial of the inability to provide this minimum care
Also from http://www.animalhoarding.com/How-Animal-Hoarding-Develops.html

The Addictions Model

Elements of the addiction model which are found in animal hoarding cases include: preoccupation with the addiction; denial about the addiction and its effects; isolation; claims of persecution; excuses for the behavior; and self-neglect.
Attachment Disorder Model

This model is sometimes used to explain why some animal hoarders prefer relationships with animals rather than other human beings. They see the animals as safer and less threatening than people. Some animal hoarders who grew up in chaotic households may have seen the animals in their lives as the only stable feature.
You can see that this type of behavior comes from deep-seated issues that may have developed over many years. I recommend that you seek therapy to try and find out if there are any issues that are leading you to these behaviors. I think you are on a slippery slope and should take steps to limit yourself now, before it gets further out of control.

Once again, don't tell me to look at my own issues, blah blah blah. We all have our problems and most of us can admit that we have them and work toward solutions. Loving animals is not a bad thing, we all love animals, that's why we're here. We want to help and we wish you could see that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.