Hey everyone I was wondering if I could get some ideas as to how my pup might have died... My boyfriend and I had a German shepherd puppy who was 7months old. Last Thursday we while we were out (at the store, not even gone an hour) we received a call from my boyfriend's dad crying and saying that he found Max in the backyard dead. We rushed home hoping that it wasn't too late to save her somehow. Yet when we got home we found her laying in the backyard, not a mark on her, just dead. My boyfriend's dad said that she had come into the kitchen a while after we left seemingly in distress and he petted her and made sure she had food and water, he could not see what might have been bothering her and she left the kitchen. Then after some more time passed he went looking for his dog Kinder who is much much older, he went outside and that is when he found Maxine. He said that Kinder was standing above Maxine licking her head and neck. And when we looked at Kinder she had a wound on her paw, muzzle, and the gums on one side of her mouth had been ripped/cut. At first we thought maybe poison or that they had got in a fight, but Max was much much bigger and stronger than Kinder so we ruled that out. Maxine also had a severe case of parvo in January and was in the animal hospital for almost three weeks but seemingly made a full recovery. She was strong, incredibly bright (learned commands sit, stay, down, bark, etc. By both voice and hand commands)...
She died at nighttime and when the vet office opened they said it was probably too late for a blood test to see if she was poisoned. I really just want some ideas so we can find some kind of closure, we really loved her and it has been so hard with her being gone so young. We really couldn't have asked for a better pup.
So I'm wondering if it could have been poison (there was no visible throw up or foreign food matter in backyard)
Or a seizure, she had bit down on her tongue and it was hanging out of her mouth when we found her.
Possible heart attack, she had a heart arrhythmia
Or if it could have been a side affect from when she had the parvo. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.