Go Back   Paw Talk - Pet Forums > Dogs and Cats > Cats

Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

Old 11-28-2004, 07:57 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

veggiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutveggiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutveggiegirl has a spectacular aura about
Question

Can antibiotics make cats tired?

Tiger is still really lethargic, and I was wondering if the Clavamox he is taking could be making him more tired? He has been sleeping under the bed all day. He did eat some canned food this morning but he's been under there sleeping since.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
Old 11-28-2004, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Jade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond repute
Clavamox has no sedation effects per se, but it can upset the tummy a little. In general, cats with URIs just don't feel well. Keep trying to feed him and make sure he's drinking. You might see if he'll let you take his temp - up to 102 is normal.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:10 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

veggiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutveggiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutveggiegirl has a spectacular aura about
Thanks Jade. He seems to be doing a little better. He just came out and stretched and let me pet him. So I am really happy. I was getting worried about him. I don't know what his temp is today, but he didn't have a fever at all yesterday.

Old 11-28-2004, 11:35 PM
Administrator

Dena is a name known to allDena is a name known to allDena is a name known to allDena is a name known to allDena is a name known to allDena is a name known to all
Can you take a cat temperature with a regular human rectal thermometer (that is if the cat lets you)
Old 11-29-2004, 12:47 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena
Can you take a cat temperature with a regular human rectal thermometer (that is if the cat lets you)

I have no idea. Jade probably does!

Old 11-29-2004, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Jade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond repute
I think that was supposed to be "You Can" rather than can you ...
Old 11-29-2004, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Dena is a name known to allDena is a name known to allDena is a name known to allDena is a name known to allDena is a name known to allDena is a name known to all
Oops sorry about that, he he. Our vet told us we could actually use a regular digital one too. we get nervous when we see fevers. Then of course everyone feels warm so we have to take temps to make ourselves feel better.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:21 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Purplebunny has a spectacular aura aboutPurplebunny has a spectacular aura about
Red face

Steph, how is Tiger doing?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin
Old 11-29-2004, 07:00 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLEBUNNY
Steph, how is Tiger doing?

He still has glassy eyes and looks a bit stuffed up, and he is sleeping a lot. But he came out last night and even went on the patio when Mike was doing laundry. He's been out and about a little more, but he's still not feeling well. We have a group of sickies here. Me, Tiger, Mike (is starting to get sick) and I saw Jasmine sneezing today which makes me think she is either getting a URI, or already had one and thats why Tiger caught one too. I think she may have already had it and is on the tail end of it. The doctor said its like a people cold-you just have to let it run its course. The antibiotics protect against secondary infections and complications.

Old 11-29-2004, 07:26 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Chinchilla_Girl is a splendid one to beholdChinchilla_Girl is a splendid one to beholdChinchilla_Girl is a splendid one to beholdChinchilla_Girl is a splendid one to beholdChinchilla_Girl is a splendid one to beholdChinchilla_Girl is a splendid one to beholdChinchilla_Girl is a splendid one to behold
Clavamox shouldn't make him sleepy but it's probably just due to being sick. When you're sick, you tend to sleep a lot and lay around. Same thing with cats. Keep him on the Clavamox and make sure he eats a bit and drinks enough and within the next couple of days he should be feeling a LOT better. The last cat we had with a URI was like that the first few days and then next thing we knew he was attacking paper towels and wanting to play a LOT! LONG before his course of Clavamox was finished
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at www.crosscreekchins.com
Old 11-29-2004, 08:13 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Millimi is just really niceMillimi is just really niceMillimi is just really niceMillimi is just really nice
I hope you all feel better soon!

Tags
canned food