Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Pulling fur and throwing up...

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Dena 
#1 ·
argh... callie's cleaning herself excessively again, pulling out more fur and now has been throwing up a little bit. just a little, and it does have fur in it. I'm trying to brush her more but she is purposely pulling the fur out. I'm going to contact my vet if she doesn't stop it any time soon... any suggestions on how to keep her from doing this?

#2 ·
She may be licking more due to shedding more because of the warmer weather. Along with brushing you might want to try wiping her down with a damp wash cloth (grabs a lot more hair than just brushing alone). Have you been giving her anything like Petromalt or hairball remedy? I hate to sound cruel but with my cats I don't put it nicely on their paws I scruff them and shove it in their mouths. Its really not as barbaric as it sounds but they don't normally like it and this way I definitely know that they are swallowing it and it works much better that way.

I'm sure your vet will know better than me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.