I can't get on with my degus - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 06:43 AM Thread Starter

I can't get on with my degus

Hey there, my girlfriend recently bought me 2 male degu pets for my birthday as I had two rats before and loved them. But anyway I named them Josh and Flea after my favourite band Red Hot Chili Peppers. They were both about 6 months old when I got them and I was so excited on building the trust with them but they just don't seem to like me, I've tried all the suggestions I've read online about helping them trust me but everytime I open their cage to feed them they just get out and run all around my living room. It's really difficult to get them back to their cage and they just don't come near me even if I offer them treats or food, I keep trying to be patient but it's upsetting me because I really wanted to build a good bond with them, as my partner bought them for me I feel like me doing terrible with this is letting her down. I just want to be a good friend to the Degu's and they trust me.

Thanks for any help given
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 05:49 PM

Hiya I have an idea, if you get you duvet and lay it in the bath so degus won't get hurt, sit in there with them so they can walk all over you and get your scent whilst doing this have some treats and place some on you then they should come to you and eventually rest with you