Blue Spa Cat Food - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Go Back   Paw Talk - Pet Forums > General Animal Information > Pet Product Reviews

Pet Product Reviews Find a great product to let other owners know about? Post it here!

Old 05-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Administrator

Dena is a name known to allDena is a name known to allDena is a name known to allDena is a name known to allDena is a name known to allDena is a name known to all

Blue Spa Cat Food

Has anyone heard of this. I keep meaning to post about this but I keep forgeting. I went to Petsmart to pick up some litter and saw this new food. I used to feed the cats Wellness but they had a nice size sample bag of Blue Spa for $2 so I figured I would give it a try. Well my cats attacked me the minute I opened the bag (always a good sign) I got the indoor cat formula which helps reduce hairballs, controls weight, reduces waste smell, etc. It is very expensive but I finally found something that Magilla's stomach can handle. I would have to overdose him on Petromalt to I could contain the puke to every 3rd day. They have been on the food for 2 or 3 weeks now with not a single problem. There were no digestive problems with the switch, and I didn't do a real careful job of switching foods either. I noticed my cats are much more active and their coats are a little sleeker. Shedding isn't too bad either and I'm at the height of shedding season right now.

It got pretty good reviews on the internet. The only real cons are that it is pricey and its not sold all the place. Here is a link to the site: Blue Spa Cat Food
Old 05-18-2006, 02:15 PM
Miss New Booty

kittygurl823 is a name known to allkittygurl823 is a name known to allkittygurl823 is a name known to allkittygurl823 is a name known to allkittygurl823 is a name known to allkittygurl823 is a name known to all
Wow Dena, I have never heard of this before!!! It sounds like a great food! Keep us posted on how they do on it!

I love Wellness, too, as you know.. lol. I had that problem with Ginger and other foods upsetting her tummy (like Magilla), but we determined she has an allergy to fish. This food sounds like a great one, and easy to find at PetSmart, I did a search with my zip. Now, my thing is one of my kitties is getting hairballs every few days. (I think Snuggles or Ginger, I'm pretty sure it's not Smokie) Have you found it reduces hairballs with your guys yet?

Old 05-18-2006, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Dena is a name known to allDena is a name known to allDena is a name known to allDena is a name known to allDena is a name known to allDena is a name known to all
After the couple of weeks Eve coughed up a HUGE hairball. My husband was astonished and asked me how long do you think that it took to collect?! I don't know if it was the food that helped her get that out of her system but she has been fine ever since. I am surprised at how much healthier they are looking lately. Magilla brought in a chronic virus so during spring they all get a little under the weather but they actually seem better on the food. I'm just so excited that Magilla has kept his food down. They do have a formula strickly for hard to controll hairballs but this one seems to be working quite well. Believe me when I tell you that the hairball she coughed up needed to come out whether it was the food or not, I'm grateful LOL.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Miss New Booty

kittygurl823 is a name known to allkittygurl823 is a name known to allkittygurl823 is a name known to allkittygurl823 is a name known to allkittygurl823 is a name known to allkittygurl823 is a name known to all
OMG about Eve's hairball!! I bet it was the food that helped get that out, too! I know it's better when they get it out, just here there is something on the floor every other day. Ack! I'm trying to brush Snuggles more to get dead hair off, because it's usually black hair so I'm assuming it's him.
I'm so glad they are all doing well on this food so far, especially Magilla!!

Old 12-04-2009, 07:45 PM

quirkyrabbit is on a distinguished road
I've done a lot of research on cat foods and their ingredients because of cats with FLUTD. Blue Spa refused to tell me the pH of their canned cat food. Secretiveness is a big warning sign that there is something they need to hide. So, if your cat is male, I'd stay away from Blue Spa foods, as it is apparently too high (causing struvite crystals) or too low (which can cause calcium oxolate crystals).

So, my advice is to STAY AWAY!
Old 02-05-2010, 06:11 AM

marilynmarilyn8 is on a distinguished road

Advice

Well It sounds good though I have not heard about it before.I think the people who are very cautious about their pet's health,they will find it good and healthy. According to it should not be used without testing.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

FlickeringHope is on a distinguished road
Yeah, a lot of people have complained that it makes their cats sick or their cats didn't like it.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:42 AM

elizabethdennis is on a distinguished road
WOW! Getting a huge hairball out of your cat’s system is good news. I haven’t tried blue spa but with your stories, I think it is really a good food. I’ll give blue spa a try. Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:01 AM

fari is on a distinguished road
Your cat will love the taste. You’ll love the fact that she’s eating healthy. Each delectable flavor of BLUE Spa Select canned natural cat food contains only the finest natural ingredients—real meat, whole grains, nutritious veggies and fruit—and no chicken or poultry by-product meals, no artificial preservatives, no corn, wheat or soy.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:29 AM

quirkyrabbit is on a distinguished road
Hah. Commercial eh ?

Not only do my cats scratch over it
as if in litter box but I don't trust Blue Spa
as stated above
Old 02-01-2013, 12:51 AM

johnbostonn is on a distinguished road
Blue Spa Cat Food's humble beginnings were actually inspired by a dog. Blue Buffalo Cat Food is produced and manufactured by the Blue Buffalo Company. The owners' dog, Blue passed away due to cancer. Not being satisfied with the vet's response, they went ahead and did their own research and developed pet food of their own. Blue Buffalo takes pride in using only the finest, all-natural human grade ingredients in their products. Having started with food for dogs, they have expanded their product line and developed cat food as well.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:23 PM

VolkodavKO is on a distinguished road
Generally, I prefer normal feeding to any modern high nutritive food that I would only use occasionally.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:01 PM
Playful Pup

pfreeman885 is on a distinguished road
I have never tried it. But now I might.
Old 08-03-2016, 03:14 PM

MiliusRunde is on a distinguished road
I might need it next time thanks

Tags
cat food, indoor cat