Go Back   Paw Talk - Pet Forums > General Animal Information > Pet Product Reviews

Pet Product Reviews Find a great product to let other owners know about? Post it here!

Old 12-21-2005, 10:10 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Sasami is a jewel in the roughSasami is a jewel in the roughSasami is a jewel in the rough

Talk To Me Treatball

This is what I'm talking about:
http://petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx?R...&N=22+101&cp=2

Has anyone ever bought it? I'm thinking of getting it for my doggies but I want to know what other dogs thought of it. And if it's durable or not since I have a very destructive dachshund, lol.

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Old 12-22-2005, 09:07 PM
Playful Pup

savepaws is on a distinguished road
I've never gotten any toys that will play my voice because I am afraid that my dog Bentley (my avatar) who has severe separation anxiety would freak out at the sound of my voice and try and "save" me from the treatball.

I did, however, get this treatball from Jeffers Pet and it is very durable - and cheap!

http://www.jefferspet.com/ssc/product.asp?pf_id=0029749
Old 12-22-2005, 11:31 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Sasami is a jewel in the roughSasami is a jewel in the roughSasami is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by savepaws
I've never gotten any toys that will play my voice because I am afraid that my dog Bentley (my avatar) who has severe separation anxiety would freak out at the sound of my voice and try and "save" me from the treatball.

I did, however, get this treatball from Jeffers Pet and it is very durable - and cheap!

http://www.jefferspet.com/ssc/product.asp?pf_id=0029749

Thanks for the reply!!

I probably wouldn't leave it out when I wasn't there because it might freak out Sophie . But I'm not out very often.

I've seen balls like that at the stores but think my dogs might be scared of the noises, LOL. My grandmother got one like that for her three dogs and they were all terrified .

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Old 01-09-2006, 10:32 PM
Newborn Pup

mmizuno94 is on a distinguished road
You might want to try toys like the zogoflex Hurley or Huck. It's not a treat ball but its a good toy for destructive dogs. Just a thought...

http://doggiesplayground.tripod.com/id2.html
Old 01-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Adolescent Pup

DVM12 is on a distinguished road
The Talk To Me Treat ball, is a form of anxiety relief for those dogs with SEVERE SEPERATION ANXIETY.

I have a G.S. Coyote mix who has EXTREME SPEREATION ANXIETY. As do a few of my clients.

For some good toys take a look at the extremly durable Zanies Peek a Treat, and Giggle balls.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:00 PM
Adolescent Pup

grlunderrainbow is on a distinguished road
That's a cute toy. Looks like it'd be a good distraction for some dogs. Unfortunately, my big dogs would eat it..
Old 01-22-2006, 08:17 PM
Adolescent Pup

grlunderrainbow.
You'd be surprised how well those toys hold up thats why i reccomend them as anxiety relief toys. I have one for my Rottie, One for my German Shepherd.. Sadly i also have one for my ferrett--She loves rolling the dogs around and taking the treats out so i got her one of her own!
lolz!

pictured are:
Center my 6yr old Ferret Cinnamin
Lower Left Corner: my 13ft 30lb Dwarf Reticulated Python Squigs.
Upper Right Corner: My 3yr old Ball Python Kona.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*
These are only a few of my managorie im missing 2 more snakes, my hamster, and my 2 torts.
Hey what can i say other than... I Live At A Zoo!
Also The rottie in My Avatar is My 5yr old Seymur & my 10 Yr old German Shepherd Shaddow!
Old 01-22-2006, 10:14 PM
Adolescent Pup

I doubt it'd stand a chance with my big dogs though. They tear anything apart. Hey do you happen to know of a really strong crate?
Old 01-22-2006, 11:51 PM
Adolescent Pup

Grlunderrainbow
They make a crate its by Doskocil They sell the small econo line versions of their crates at petsmart & Pet-Co. I however need THICK TOUGH Chew Proof crates due to the fact that i have rescued several dogs with severe seperation anxiety that chewed through my other crates. The mastiffs did it, 1 am staff that i had did to.

Any way back to your question you can purchase them from www.Petegde.com.

Is it for house or travel? If so i can make a better reccomendation on a crate for your guys!

pictured are:
These are only a few of my managorie im missing 2 more snakes, my hamster, and my 2 torts.
Also The rottie in My Avatar is My 5yr old Seymur & my 10 Yr old German Shepherd Shaddow!
Old 01-24-2006, 11:01 PM
Adolescent Pup

It is for house. If I was going to travel I'd just get a stock trailer for them lol. To take them all I mean..
Um..The metal crates she pulls apart from the inside with her teeth. Like these.. http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...=1138165015318
So far.. Now she is in one of these:http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...Pet+Porter&N=2
But it's damaged..(by another escape artist dog)..But she stays in it while the crate is in the dining room. (I know she has separation anxiety). She came from a neglectful home..info a group I used to be with...and I took her in as her 12th foster home. Needless to say, she wasn't going through that again.
Anyway..I think even a new Petmate she'd tear apart..I've seen the big steel wolf type crates..but don't know where to get one and sure shipping would be killer.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:03 PM
Adolescent Pup

Funny..the last petstore I showed their midest black crates to and asked if they would get something stronger for me. I explained to the sales guy that my dog pulls them apart from the inside. He went to his manager.. I overhead his manager saying " It's not that I don't believe her dog does it (sarcastically)..but I'd like to actually see it." And said there is no stronger crate..bs.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Adolescent Pup

The crates i recc'd are thick plastic. As far as the Wolf style crates. I had one donated to me. Not only is it a pain to ship it its a pain to move. Its solid steel.

contact candy kitechen ranch a wolf rescue and ask where to get them. The girl who donated mine to my rescue purchased hers from them.

-Tabitha

pictured are:
Old 08-20-2006, 08:33 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

pitbullforever is on a distinguished road
i would strongly suggest getting one of those if your dogs distrucive they are great with dogs with sep anixity from what i hear i have to get one for my pup
and 7 cats (Butterfly, Furchol, Carmel, Nova, Hope, Shaddy& Christian)
3 rats Flora, Fauna, & Merryweather
Old 09-23-2010, 01:04 PM

zhausauer is on a distinguished road
My Golden Retriever Scout absolutely loves the Treat Ball! You're absolutely right about separation anxiety; Scout has it bad and the ball hasn't necessarily been a cure all--but it has certainly made a positive impact!

I found the ball via their Facebook page.

Search Talk To Me Pets
Old 04-10-2011, 04:00 AM
Playful Pup

BichFrisBeefry is on a distinguished road
That's one interesting and fun toy. I'm afraid, that my dog might think that I'm that toy and would not listen to me again.

Tags
german shepherd

You may also search for: