Aspen Bedding - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

What is the best shampoo to use for my guinea pig's bath? I don't want to use anything that might be toxic or bad for him. Petsmart has a brand of shampoo called Superpet for small animals. Has anyone used this brand? If anyone has a suggestion for me, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

I wanted to ask about the Marshall brand for small animals with URIs. Is this useful to treat animals that might be getting sick?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 12:30 PM
is a little "special"

I just grabbed a strawberry smelling one, LOL. IDK if any brands are better than others. As long as its meant for small animals, it should be fine.
A shampoo for URIs? Sound suspicious to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Rodentologist

I would definitely not bathe an ill pig with a URI, that seems like a bad idea!

I typically use either Bunny Bath or I buy a brand called "Earthbath" that's designed for dogs but is organic (and has oatmeal and aloe to help with their skin. I would just make sure there are no pesticides in it (so no flea shampoos) and that you get a gentle formula without a lot of perfumes.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thank you for all the suggestions. I'm going to take my time and look around since I've never bought any shampoo for a guinea pig. I'll make sure that I don't get anything with any chemicals, pesticides, perfumes or any other additives. I appreciate all the good advice that everyone has taken time to give me, because I want my guinea pig to have the best possible care that I can provide for him.

I'm sorry for the confusion that I caused. My current guinea pig is not sick, and I'm not shopping for any medication for him. I saw the Marshall brand medicine for URIs when I was looking for shampoo on the Petco website, and I was just curious about it.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

My guinea pig runs up my arm whenever I put my hand in the cage. Is this a sign of dominance? my guinea pig doesn't like to be picked up, so I don't think he wants to be held.

Tags
healthy bedding