Go Back   Paw Talk - Pet Forums > Rodents > Guinea Pig Discussion

Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:53 PM
is a little "special"

Jess will become famous soon enough
Question

Guinea Pig Foot "Spurs"

The other day, I picked up Sunny, and she had a strange looking growth on her foot. Id seen it before, and I just thought it was a woodshaving that got really stuck to her foot, so I just clipped it off... When I saw it grew back, I was a little freaked out at first because I thought it was some sort of fungus or disease- I looked it up online, and it turns out she only has foot spurs!

Does anyone elses piggie have these? They dont hurt the pigs if you trim them, and from I read, she didnt develope them because I did anything wrong.
Just thought it was kinda interesting, because I didnt really know about this before.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."

Tags
guinea pig foot spurs