I posted photos of Lily and Chip - two rescues - a while ago. She is an all white GP, and Chip a neutered B&W male.
Last night at 11 PM I noticed a little "red" on Lily's fur. (?). When I realized it was blood I started checking her out, scared it might be something like uterine bleeding (I lost a dwarf to that a month ago).
There was blood on my hands and pants, and on her underside when I turned her over. She is a very good patient, and much more tame than Chip.
I finally noticed a little nick on the back underside of her left front paw, about 4mm's long, so it was not big. But there were many drops of blood.
So, I trimmed her nails (in case that was an issue; they were a little long); applied antibiotic ointment after cleaning it, and then put on three coats of "Nu Skin" - a clear protective film, each coat drying before I applied the next.
The bleeding stopped, and now, almost a day later, Lily looks fine and so does her fur, except under her leg,
which I will clean later.
So, that's what happened, but I do not know what happened or how!
Could Chip have nipped her? Any ideas?
Here they are: