A little help - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Red face A little help

So my two lil guinea pig males got into a little fight tonight. One has a little cut under his eye and the other one, well, is alright because he's the dominate one. Should I worry or should I seperate them for the rest of the night?

Any suggestions would be helpful...

Piggie ~~ Guinea Pig
Buddie ~~ Guinea Pig
Freddy ~~ Little butterball of energy Kitten

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

i wish i could help but i dont no much about them, so i dont have much to say if there fighting maybe consider seprating them?

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Betta Bomb

I don't know about GP's but with bunnies, unless they are neutered they will almost always fight. I would separate them too in the meantime. But, you said there is a heirarchy going on with the domination. Maybe they'll be okay but again, I don't know about gp's. Best of luck with them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Rodentologist

Guinea pigs are not the same as rabbits and they don't have to be neutered to live together. However, they do need a lot more space than most people realize. A pair of young males needs at least 10 square feet between them and more is better! The average "pet store" cage is between 5-6 square feet. Much too small!

More by Jennicat
    Hey Guinea Pig People!
    Common Misconceptions About Guinea Pig Care
    Petsmart Animal Supplier Under Investigation for Cruelty

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 10:58 PM
It's all for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennicat View Post
Guinea pigs are not the same as rabbits and they don't have to be neutered to live together. However, they do need a lot more space than most people realize. A pair of young males needs at least 10 square feet between them and more is better! The average "pet store" cage is between 5-6 square feet. Much too small!
Great advice! Pe4life, I hope you can give your boys more room so they can live peaceably together.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Betta Bomb

Thanks for clarifying Jennicat!! Okay, I would give them more room! NIC cubes or even cloroplast cages are a very great idea. You can make them fit any space and for gp's they can be short enough for easy access for you to get in there. I remember my sister had her room decked out half with NIC and the other half with the rats. The NIC spanned 2 wide but like 6 down, it was a lot of room!! Then for their bed she had an always open commercial cage.
NIC cubes are available at wal mart type dept. stores for like 20$. You can use the connecter peices or cable ties to connect them ^.^

Tags
fights, males