My new pigs - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

My new pigs

A breeder freind of mine had some babies up for adoption and I could not resist and she had a few that she had breed prioir to that that I wanted and breed them to certion males for me and suprised me with them. I had ben bugging her that while holding them I was gonna take them and that I wanted to breed some females when I got femals with hers that trow nice teddys and abbys.
And then another came from a home were she was fighting with there one female but she is doing great here and she is a fat pig but so sweet with out further adue here are my new piglests.

This Black Beautie was the one that was fighting with other pigs. we called her Mossad Officer Ziva David (zivz for short

KK Candy Cane (Kate from NCIS) DLCR PEW American. She is so sweet.

KK Smukers (Sweet Pee) DLCR Silk female

Dont be fooled this is not a ground hog lol

KK Cookie (Twilight) DLCR abby silver Agouti

KK Snicker Doodle DLCR female long haird (con) Tortishell with white

KK Carmel Corn (Petty Coat Junktion) DLCR male (con) Turtie shell with white.
Well thats all of them. Oh they are so fluffly and cute.

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 02:54 AM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

ok so I got 2 more, they are not ready yet but I got pictures of them, I just have to wait till they can come home with me.
They were named after sweets and are from the same person I got the others from. KK

Bannana Split female and Root Beer Float Male

This is them just about 2 hours after being born.

Bannanas Only white mark

she is shy

just look at that face she is so calm

root beer float is a little more skidish

he looks so cute

Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 09:28 AM
Hello Earthling

They are cute, but you do know that there is an over population of homeless guinea pigs. Right?

More by canadiancritter
    Pictures Galore
    A message From kiwi
    Introducing. . .
    Glow in the dark cats
    How my tank is set up .:NEW PICTURES:.
    My Bunny
    Reptile/Herp Set-Ups
    Lookie whats I got

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 12:57 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Very cute! Especially the little babies, so small!
I love the coloring of Candy Corn.
But I also agree with Kayla...

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls
Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

thanks But here I have not seen any in my surounding area or here in shelters. Maybe in new youk state and newyourk city but not here.
I also just sold 2 of my piglets that I breed yesterday that were ready and I have orders for piglets and so dose my friend who breeds them, Pluse we always advertize on our sites to check out local shelters near them to adopt the type of pet they are looking for 1st.
I am not going to start and argument on this but in my area there is none and if there are there few and far between and ushally get adopted out around here fairly quickly more so then rats or mice do. And I and my freind also plan on showing are pigs at 2 fairs maybe 3 this year depends on if the run and over lap each other like they did last year.
Diamond

post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Rodentologist

Diamond there are multiple guinea pig rescues in PA and they are full:

Furry Friends Guinea Pig Rescue
411 Palmers Lane
Wallingford, PA 19086
(610) 565-5571
Furry_Friends@comcast.net

Wheek Care Guinea Pig Rescue
514 Arizona Drive
Lower Burrell, PA 15068
(724) 448-2107

There is also ABC Small Animal Rescue, Piggie Lovers Inc, and Starfish to the Sea. On Petfinder there are also multiple SPCAs and shelters with guinea pigs. Only in your mind are there no homeless pigs in your state. Just because there's not a homeless animal within five minutes of where you are doesn't mean there aren't any. Look on Petfinder -- there are plenty. Rescues commonly go to shelters and get as many of them as possible because most shelters don't have the capacity or supplies to house them. And most of them will adopt to quite a large area. Our rescue adopts to all of NC and SC.

More by Jennicat
    Hey Guinea Pig People!
    Common Misconceptions About Guinea Pig Care
    Petsmart Animal Supplier Under Investigation for Cruelty

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Last edited by Jennicat; 01-23-2010 at 03:47 PM.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 05:42 AM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

again those places are not near me and are in big areas. we are in a small area and there are not ANY close to me. and all my pigs have homes and i have orders as in people on a waiting list.
I am not having this decusing I have heard what you said and if I want to brees then I will and 2 I never said I was breeding them all I might only have a slect few that I want. Point of the post was in intro my pigs now I am not going to have you or anyone start again on one of my post complaning or which ever you want call it or try to edjucate me.
I introde my pigs and that is all I am not going threw this again like i did tattoie. So say what you want but I am not even gonna reply I am gonna keep posting my pigglets ecnore you and others that are ridiculing me and say you are trying to help me. If I need your help I'll ask if I want edgucated I will seek advice from pig breeders and for your info I am being mentored by 2 reputable pig breeders.
But thanks for the complaments on my pigs and when I get time I will get more of all I have as in more of the new ones and my older ones.

post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 08:47 AM
Rodentologist

I hope they're more reputable than the rabbit breeder feeding her breeding does the dog biscuits.

To everyone else, what Diamond believes isn't true. Most rescues work a very large area. As I said, we're in NC, and we adopt to all of NC. I drive 2-3 hours to do adoptions just about every weekend.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Betta Bomb

The only small animal rescue in my entire province will cater and drive animals to new homes and vets and such b/c it's alot better to do that then to let someone but from a store.
Diamond, the pics are cute, but I think you should lay off the breeding.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 09:33 AM
Hello Earthling

Out of curiosity Diamond (not trying to start a fight) how many different animals do you breed?

I have counted
-rats
-mice
-guinea pigs
-gerbils
-cats

post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 10:14 AM
I am allergic to maths

Also, is that you holding the pigs? You should NEVER hold them like that. You need to support their bottoms, not just dangle them.
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 10:19 AM
Rodentologist

I think those are from the breeder because the babies still have the dried umbilical cords on their undersides -- they're probably about a week old there and too young to be away from mom.

post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 10:22 AM
I am allergic to maths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond01 View Post
Are your fingers above the pigs paws? It looks like you strangaling it! You said your freind is breeding them, why do you need to breed to?
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 10:24 AM
I am allergic to maths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennicat View Post
I think those are from the breeder because the babies still have the dried umbilical cords on their undersides -- they're probably about a week old there and too young to be away from mom.
I see! I missed that. Still wrong though
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 11:57 AM
RAT ADDICT

Your pigs are cute.There is no denying that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple-Hops View Post
The only small animal rescue in my entire province will cater and drive animals to new homes and vets and such b/c it's alot better to do that then to let someone but from a store.
Diamond, the pics are cute, but I think you should lay off the breeding.
Exactly! The ONLY small animal rescue here is in Lethbridge,NL...that is out of my city (St.Johns).However I adopted 4 guinea pigs and a rat from them and I am also fostering two rats for them now and they managed to get them all to me.

With rescues,they will do all they can to make sure the animals go to new,good homes and that includes driving/shipping/transporting them for hours if they have to.

The beagle rescue here I am involved with adopts beagles out ALL over Canada.

So all in all,you don't have an excuse.

More by VanillaRat
    New Rat
    My Boys
    Peas?
    Yay!!
    Benjamin & Hatchet
    What a scare!
    My Babies!
    My Boys!!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *