Really quiet piggie - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Really quiet piggie

I've had my two guinea pigs for about 2 weeks now. Squeakers is constantly chattering, squeaking, purring, you name it. He also will romp around and play and munch his veggies.
Bugsy on the other hand, hides a LOT, dashes from one hidey to another, NEVER makes a sound unless he's scared, won't do anything if we're around but hide. I have not seen him "popcorn" or romp at all since I've had him. He doesn't act like he feels bad, just VERY nervous and scared. Is this normal? Should I do anything to help ease him? Is it just his personality? I just want to make sure he's as happy as his brother!!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 04:38 PM
is a little "special"

Unless you think he might be sick, dont worry about it. Tilly is our outgoing, lound, brave piggy, while Sunny is very shy and hardly ever "Wheeks".
Some pigs are just more outgoing than others, and the dominant pig will usually be more outgoing than the subordinate one too... My pairs have balanced eath other out like that LOL.

More by Jess
    Hi! I'm new!
    When Piggers Attack...
    Anyone Elses Bun Do This?
    My Angel Piggie... LOL!
    Smudges Sleepover Party!! =)
    Piggles CAN be litterbox trained!!
    What tricks can your bunny do?
    Is it possible...

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Well, Squeakers, while smaller, is definately the dominate one!! He puts Bugsy in his place. In a nice way, though. They never fight!! Bugsy almost seems a little lazy. I have them out for floor time and Squeakers is so noisy while Bugsy is just sitting in a tube--that he slowly and quietly walked to!!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 05:24 PM
is a little "special"

LOL! When you have them out, try keeping them together and not giving them a hide... They like to follow each other around, and Bugsy will be alot braver if he has Squeakers at his side!
Sunny and little Bugsy sound like they have pretty similar personalities! Sunny has never wanted to be a dominant pig- When we adopted Tilly, Sunny didnt even attempt to be dominant, even though she was 4 years old and Tilly was only 7 months! Thats why they bonded so quickly though.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."