Skinny Pig!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Skinny Pig!!

I'm getting a Skinny Baby-a Boar- I'll be picking him up on the st of January! I haven't decided on a name yet, but thinking seriously of calling him Streaker!

Please ignore the date on the pic-Jodie's cam displays the wrong date!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg YinkerSkinnyBoar.jpg (48.8 KB, 9 views)

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath."
~W.C. Fields
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

cute do you have other guineau pigs ? cuz hes gonna need to be kept warm

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 06:33 AM
Rodentologist

Yes, do be aware of the multitude of health issues that arise with these guys. They're extremely prone to skin cancer as well as hay pokes and abscesses from them. They require a much warmer house than their furred friends and eat a LOT more to try and generate more body heat.

We rarely see them in rescue since the dumb breeders that make them tout them as SOOPER RARE and get folks to spent $100 on them. To me it's really akin to breeding manx rats -- and maybe moreso since there's really no push in the GP community to breed out health problems.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

cool naked pig! he looks so cute. naked as i call them but skinnys need to be babyed a little more and will need a fured roomie unless you can make him a sweater and keep it on him lol. that would be cute but when do you get him? I seen 1 skinny pig at the pet store one time and it was so sickly looking I was gonna take it home and stright to the vet but I knew that the vet would look at him and put him down. They were suposably brought in by some one who didnt want them anymore which the pet store suprisingly told us the truth for once that they dont get skinnys in and you have to go threw a breeder an they only took them b/c some one no longer wanted them and they came in that way. I was like why didnt you have a vet check them out before reselling and they said they didnt really care.......that was a shocker they were that blunt.
But I would love one but i have heard they are more care then a naked rat as in you have to be more careful like jenniecat said about cancer and hay pokes. But that there also super sensitive more so then hairless rats and need their skin mosterized and all. this is what I have heard but dont know how true it is, as in the mosterizing the skin and all beign more care then a naked rat. I have checked breeders out but there to far away for me to travel or for them even to meet in the middel. One i could have meet half way but everytime i was avalible she wasnt, or could not make it. But godo luck with the new piggy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.

Last edited by Diamond01; 12-12-2010 at 12:15 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thanks for the heads up Jenn-Streaker will be kept with my 5th new boy (who will be here tomorrow) Fudge-a Chocolate Abby boy. Luckily my little naked boy is $25, but I have seen some websites that will charge you $200, plus another $250 for air freight shipping!
And my GPs are all males, and I'm hoping that they will live happily in their respective pairs. Poppa & Psycho, Little Bill & Elephant, and now Streaker & Fudge. Jodie says that Cuddle Cups are really good for the nakies, so I may get him one, and a pigloo to put it in maybe. My spare bedroom is now full of C & C cages, I decided to go with 2 of the 58x29x29 and put the boys' in them, instead of trying to get them to live all together.

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath."
~W.C. Fields
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 07:03 AM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

sounds like a plane, lol, He is weird looking but so cute, when do you gets him? wow that is cheep for him. I have seen them for that price as well. you must post pics of your new boy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.

Tags
skinny pig