Super Pet treat Pet-n-Play Habitat - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Super Pet treat Pet-n-Play Habitat

So I am in the process of looking for two female piggies, and thinking to get me a good christmas gift, my boyfriend went out and bought me this cage for them. My plan has been to build a C&C cage, I did a lot of looking around for good pricing on materials and figured out where I would place it, and based on that, how I would build the cage to maximize the square footage at 12. The cage my bf got for me is about 5-6 square feet, and from what I've been reading, at least 7-8 square feet are suggested for one piggie. If I want to have two, I feel like I need to give them the larger space, but he's already started to freak out because I didn't respond to his gift as warmly as he expected. I don't want to make him feel like his gift was unwanted or unappreciated. What should I do, push the C&C cage or accept the cage that I feel is unsuitable?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 09:50 PM
she-mayor of Whoville

Show him the literature/websites that recommend the larger cage size. Let him know that you loved the idea but you want to give them the C&C. Maybe he can help you assemble it, and pimp it out!?

Don't forget my youtube channel: fuzzypixie16
And add me on photobucket: tinypixiexoxo

"A person's a person, no matter how small" - Horton hears a Who

Boo the

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Izzie the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Panda Bear the dwarf
Smee the dwarf
Sadi the syrian

R.I.P. Jigglypuff the dwarf
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 01:01 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

That, and, maybe you can incorporate the cage he got into the overall C&C structure? I mean, I wouldn't have him take it back or anything. Smaller cages can come in handy especially if a piggy gets sick or otherwise needs some solitary down time. You could deck out his cage as maybe the loft and attach the C&C squares to the cage as the running area or something.

Last edited by FlickeringHope; 12-18-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Zoo Keeper

You could place it into the C&C or even keep it for cage cleaning time. I would keep it as an add on or something but still build the C&C

Proud Mommy to-
Cat: Emma
Rats: Apollo, Yuki, Ember, Mei
Hamsters: Kodi, Bear, Koda, Abbi

Tags
store-bought cage