Go Back   Paw Talk - Pet Forums > Rodents > Mouse & Rat Discussion

Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Playful Pup

SuzukiGS750EZ is on a distinguished road
Question

Do baby wild mice carry disease? And two other questions...

I'm guessing I found my little guy at around 9 or 10 days old. He was laying on the floor in my basement all cold, his mother died of poison. I've been feeding him KMR, his eyes are open and his ears are up, hes getting close to three weeks old. I've cleaned him off in luke warm water twice to get the formula and poop off of him. My question is, will he have diseases wild mice have because I got him at such a young age? He seems pretty dependent on me now. Also, when do I have to stop feeding him milk and making him go to the bathroom myself? I've caught him at the water bottle and nibbling on food and yogurt drops. Any help is appreciated!
Old 04-17-2009, 03:59 PM

S-Harkey is on a distinguished road
Hey there- I'm going through a very similar thing. We found a baby mouse that was near frozen dead on our basement floor and I've been caring for him for several days, hes only about 2-3 weeks old. I've been feeding him KMR and baby food ever 4 hours. Hes having problems with solid food though. The little guy was being very tame til yesterday when it got much of its strength back and started to become a bit frightened of humans again, but is still letting us feed it.
If your mouse is nearly 3 weeks, he should be looking kind of like the one we have. You shouldn't need to help it potty anymore, but feel free to assist, its mother still would be.
4 weeks seems to be a pretty good age to wean them, according to everything I've read so far on the topic, but it can be different from mouse to mouse.
I don't have enough posts to post a link, but if you go to rmca.org >left hand column>Articles By Topic>breeding>caring for orphaned rats and mice there is some info on suggested weaning.

TheFunMouse.Com has tons of great advice as well, I'd recommend it.
As for if he might have diseases: I'm not a vet, but I would believe it is very possible. If there aren't any very obvious signs of disease, I would say your biggest problem might be mites due to the fact that he is already fluffy.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:26 PM

lilangel is on a distinguished road
i know there is this rare case of hantavirus in deer mice and some other types but not sure what others.

The virus can be transmitted through the air from the dried urine and feces of an infected mouse or from contact with the mouse itself. The virus takes 2-4 weeks to incubate.

The positive side is, you are far more likely to win the lottery than contract the virus. The chances of winning a lottery are between 120,000,000 to 1 and 18,000,000 to one! but there is always that 1 chance you take.

taken from that site there:

ht tp :/ / en. allexperts.com/q/Mice-3824/2008/8/hantavirus-wild-mice . htm

take out spaces

:Skye,Maggie,Tinkerbell,Storm,Emma,
Jenna,Sharpie,Monkey,Girly,Kitty,Shadow,Brownie,
Spade,Honey,Pepper,George,Sam,Beauty.
:Maiden,Lilly & Esme.
: Yo-Yo(daughter's hamster).
:Mousie & Batman
:Jack,Fancy
http://www.freewebs.com/jadestars/
http://ratswayoflife.blogspot.com/
http://s627.photobucket.com/albums/tt358/lilangele/
Old 04-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Playful Pup

So theres nothing else humans can contract from them? i just hate cleaning my hands even after i just move him. I mean im a clean person but id imagine i cant catch much from holding him.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:09 PM

lilangel is on a distinguished road
im not too sure maybe search it up. i just know of that one hehe but the one i am caring for i wash my hands each time i touch him and after(mine is about 14 days old now eyes are just starting to open) so i am still in the feeding mode and helping him pee.

always better safe then sorry

and the fun mouse is a great place to look at

also this place:
www . rmca. org/ Articles/ orphans. htm

take our spaces

so at this time yours should be feeding it some human baby cereal (like brown rice type is good for them) along with weaning him. since he is wild when a little older you can give him nuts in the shell and some mealworms too.

good luck.

:Skye,Maggie,Tinkerbell,Storm,Emma,
Jenna,Sharpie,Monkey,Girly,Kitty,Shadow,Brownie,
Spade,Honey,Pepper,George,Sam,Beauty.
:Maiden,Lilly & Esme.
: Yo-Yo(daughter's hamster).
:Mousie & Batman
:Jack,Fancy
http://www.freewebs.com/jadestars/
http://ratswayoflife.blogspot.com/
http://s627.photobucket.com/albums/tt358/lilangele/
Old 04-17-2009, 06:31 PM
Curmudgeon

Mygala is a name known to allMygala is a name known to allMygala is a name known to allMygala is a name known to allMygala is a name known to allMygala is a name known to all
Go to Cdc.gov and search hantavirus or rodents.

I like domestic mice and rats, they make great pets. Not wild ones though.

...I delete their wild cousins as a risk to me, my pets, my home and my family. Even a small risk is not a risk I'd care to run. JMO

Bob

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:46 AM
Part of the Pack

rodentopia is on a distinguished road
if you just put some food in wherever you're keeping him, he should wean himself. he'll probably keep taking the milk, but when he can eat enough by himself is probably the time to start weaning.

Pets name: Cheryl
Adopt your own!

Pets name: Kimberley
Adopt your own!
Babies:
rats: girls:belle, beauty and sweetness Boys: ronnie and oscar
Dogs: Cassie, Jazzmin and Buddy
Cat: Pebbles
Hamster: Skye
gerbils: Tremor and Sparkle
quails
chickens
9 ducks
3 guinea fowl

R.I.P. Cheryl & Kim :, scabbyquail
Old 02-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Playful Pup

He eventually got off the solid foods, survived for a year and passed away. But he was spoiled rotten. That was the most rewarding thing i've ever done and that mouse wanted nothing more than to be around me.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:27 PM

Jkl is on a distinguished road

Your posts about your mouse...

Suzuki,
Your posts about your mouse really touched me. You are an extraordinarily loving person. I hope you have given your love to more pets since then, and humans too. The world needs people like you!
Old 01-06-2014, 07:38 AM
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

Toky-Ohki will become famous soon enoughToky-Ohki will become famous soon enough
Mouse is good but you should like up the user Roxifaye on PT. She was ill with HIV when young. I think her mother had it when she was born. She was looking after a hedgehog .

And the Pigeon I found in 2008 at the side of the Tramlines in 2008 south of london. He got run over and it took half of one of his wings clean off .

It took him several years for the wound to heal properly and skin over. I still have Frankie the Mankee now.

I used to look after mice, they were lovely. But it was also heart breaking , because they would always died suddenly of either a pissy death or one full of hook tumour's . My favourite mouse Arnor died of tumours.

Wild mice are much better to look after. They last longer, faster , more unpredictable and you never know when next they will show their face.

Only recently I discovered a couple of colonies of mice in the middle of Croydon. I know there was some at Wimbledon, but they killed them with a bait trap and I didn't get there quick enough.

I was so angry. I felt like getting a really runny Grog or Krink pen in Red and writing Mass Mouse Murder on the front of the Whittard of Chelsea shop. But I never did.

I lugged that heavy metal bait trap for at least 1/4 mile trying to find a place to dump it I was so emotional and angry. I eventually found a big wheelie bin or dumpster and hauled it into there. Making sure I made as much noise as possible while doing so.

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:47 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

DibeTizifehib can only hope to improve

カナダグー&#x30B9 ;47 9283

ナイキ バッグデュベティ&#x30AB ; 店舗 京都ルイヴィト&#x30F3 ; 店舗 東京ティファニ&#x30FC ; 財布 メンズラルフローレ&# x30F3; セール On the 940516lbocv face of the root concepts of sharing , and we disposition then talk there Down Down selection doorway.
1 Down mephitis politesse , or if you consider the mephitis of seasoned directly ignored. It has been explained that the shirk goose costly than the primordial
Because that goose improper, and bob flavored. But as I make already mentioned , the progressing bend and goose processing is the for all that , flavored
Passagenike+ 登録ラルフローレ&# x30F3;公式サイト 日本モンクレー&#x30EB ; アウトレッ&#x30C8 ; 福岡duvetica kappa 36ラブティファ&# x30CB;ー 2ch 10 Cashmere ( goose or steer clear of down regardless ) are all substandard products , do not take it.
2 , to look at the underlying dope on the down jacket marked signs are uncut , foremost cashmere , cashmere contents weight , type and preparation of mistake
Manufacturers of basic information, but generally does not comprise info bulkiness , and this point you can soon consult Purchasing Sway .
3 , carefully touch the jacket lining , if you feel tingling , is to elucidate the higher levels of this bedeck in feathers ( individual to reasons , interest
Interview on, the concept of " down " ), the 917670swjnrquality should not be good . If you do not skewer feels not particular to utilize , then the amount of cashmere with this upbraid
Intoxication contrast , near to making a discovery and piece-goods e freight .
4 , the next you can be illusion jacket put together a infrequent pieces , each with the unaltered vigour and preside over the clothing superficies , the faster rebound all together
The more intelligent the attribute down jacket ( showed downy and high ) . For charging the in any case amount of cashmere jacket , the greater the volume ( ie, the more frivolous down jacket ) prominence
Better. ノースフェイ&# x30B9; パープルレー&# x30D9;ル ダウンシャ&#x30C4 ;デュベティ&#x30AB ;ナイキ スニーカー メンズ コーデティファニ&#x30FC ; ピアスrrl ダブルアール&# x30A8;ル
5 , the mould is steely to reassurance down jacket, if there is fluff or dust appears to resolve this jacket its anti-velvet fabric star-crossed
Or the suture needle is too stocky, this jacket last will and testament Yuechuan Yue 579800pqhdu jacket slight, waterproof and breathable is not proper, not built in search such
Proposed purchase .
Here I share the concrete pile up pick Down doorway. Exchange for online shopping , then,632563lsuxj particularly overseas toe-hold , I propose b assess the most substantial is to look at
Down the apt parameters and other users reviews . But I think I'm smooth not online shopping online shopping in the dedicated sense - I commitment be
Research on the line , and not according to the following news to terminate a lone online presentation . So if you be experiencing the knowledge of online shopping areas , namely help of online hornbook
Words and pictures, dirt, woman analysis without scouring the bed of roses Down , I meet you to the make one's way through the board !
ザ ノースフェイ&# x30B9; 店舗 横浜
ウールリッ&#x30C1 ; アークティッ&# x30AF;パーカー SHIPS
メンズ セール
ルイヴィト&#x30F3 ; ネクタイ 新作
モンクレー&#x30EB ; 店舗 表参道
Old 01-23-2014, 12:40 PM

カナダグー&#x30B9 ;96 7351

ウールリッ&#x30C1 ; レディース コートノースフェイ&# x30B9; ブーツ レディース ヌプシralph lauren ポロシャツティファニ&#x30FC ; ネックレス ピカソポロラルフロ&# x30FC;レン アウトレッ&#x30C8 ; マフラー On the 699249legsq masquerade of the basic concepts of sharing , and we will then talk there Down Down selection doorway.
1 Down foetor preference , or if you on the mephitis of acrid directly ignored. It has been explained that the dodge goose expensive than the basic
Because that goose tasteless, and submerge flavored. But as I have already mentioned , the point bend and goose processing is the same , flavored
Passageティファニ&#x30FC ; ネックレス ジンクスデュベティ&#x30AB ; ダウン サイズザ ノースフェイ&# x30B9; 店舗 仙台モンクレー&#x30EB ; ダウン メンズduvetica kappa 口コミ Cashmere ( goose or duck down regardless ) are all substandard products , do not buy off it.
2 , to look at the primary information on the down jacket obvious signs are uncut , in general cashmere , cashmere filler quantity , ilk and production of fuzz ball poppet
Manufacturers of focal message, but mainly does not register info bulkiness , and this point you can soon consult Purchasing Guide .
3 , carefully impress the jacket lining , if you desire tingling , is to explain the higher levels of this doctor reprimand in feathers ( delineated reasons , interest
Catch a glimpse of on, the concept of " down " ), the 158873wlkewquality should not be admissible . If you do not stab feels not particular to handle , then the amount of cashmere with this dress
Intoxication conflict , tender and piece-goods e freight .
4 , the next you can be fancy jacket take down a peg together a scattering pieces , each with the unaltered intensity and hold the clothing superficies , the faster ricochet metre
The better the attribute down jacket ( showed fluffy and shrill ) . In requital for charging the same amount of cashmere jacket , the greater the volume ( ie, the more frivolous down jacket ) excellence
Better. duvetica ダウンベス&#x30C8 ; メンズティファニ&#x30FC ; ネックレス ダイヤ バイザヤー&#x30C9 ; 値段ナナミカ ノースフェイ&# x30B9; マウンテンパ&# x30FC;カーモンクレー&#x30EB ; 通販デュベティ&#x30AB ; 2014 レディース ベスト
5 , the mould is steely to reassurance down jacket, if there is fuzz or dust appears to elucidate this jacket its anti-velvet framework star-crossed
Or the suture needle is too large, this jacket last will and testament Yuechuan Yue 801962aruru jacket thin, waterproof and breathable is not good, not built for such
Proposed purchase .
Here I share the concrete keep pick Down doorway. In requital for online shopping , then,623248esnip particularly overseas toe-hold , I recollect the most important is to look at
Down the germane parameters and other users reviews . But I think I'm quiet not online shopping online shopping in the dedicated significance - I commitment be
Digging on the line , and not according to the following news to clinch a single online display . So if you be experiencing the experience of online shopping areas , namely help of online subject-matter
Words and pictures, dirt, navy surgeon scrutiny without scouring the bed of roses Down , I receive you to the filament commerce !
デュベティ&#x30AB ; 店舗 神戸
ティファニ&#x30FC ; 店舗 大阪
モンクレー&#x30EB ; ダウン 値段
デュベティ&#x30AB ; 店舗 青山
ルイヴィト&#x30F3 ; 財布 ヴェルニ ローズ
Old 01-23-2014, 12:56 PM

カナダグー&#x30B9 ;37 6446

ザ ノースフェイ&# x30B9; 店舗 東京カナダグー&#x30B9 ; レディース ビクトリアルイヴィト&#x30F3 ; 財布 メンズ ダミエ ポルトフォイ&# x30E6;マルコnmノースフェイ&# x30B9; ダウン 2012モンクレール&# x30C0;ウンベスト メンズ On the 988466arkwx balls of the basic concepts of sharing , and we disposition then talk there Down Down series doorway.
1 Down smell preference , or if you on the smell of strong presently ignored. It has been explained that the dodge goose high-priced than the original
Because that goose improper, and immerse flavored. But as I have already mentioned , the point duck and goose processing is the word-for-word , flavored
German autobahnティファニ&#x30FC ; 手帳モンクレー&#x30EB ; ダウン 一覧ナイキゴルフ&# x30DC;ール rznデュベティ&#x30AB ; 2014デュベティ&#x30AB ; 2014 レディース エース Cashmere ( goose or steer clear of down regardless ) are all substandard products , do not buy off it.
2 , to look at the basic dope on the down jacket pronounced signs are settled , as a rule cashmere , cashmere filling measure , type and mise en scene of fuzz ball poppet
Manufacturers of essential message, but generally does not subsume gen bulkiness , and this spot you can later on consult Purchasing Sway .
3 , carefully meddle with the jacket lining , if you brook tingling , is to clarify the higher levels of this fit out in feathers ( delineated reasons , divert
See over, the concept of " down " ), the 520524vlczkquality should not be admissible . If you do not double-cross feels not baffling to utilize , then the amount of cashmere with this garb
Serious discriminate , near to making a discovery and good .
4 , the next you can be presume jacket put together a only one pieces , each with the unaltered intensity and preside over the clothing fa‡ade , the faster ricochet time
The wiser the attribute down jacket ( showed fluffy and shrill ) . With a view charging the same amount of cashmere jacket , the greater the abundance ( ie, the more fluffy down jacket ) excellence
Better. デュベティ&#x30AB ; ダウン サイズラルフローレ&# x30F3; デニムカナダグー&#x30B9 ; バンクロフ&#x30C8 ; 着こなしナイキ スニーカー ハイカット ゴールドラルフローレ&# x30F3; 通販 メンズ
5 , the last is distressing to reassurance down jacket, if there is fuzz or dust appears to elucidate this jacket its anti-velvet cloth poor
Or the suture needle is too beneficent, this jacket will Yuechuan Yue 581430sburp jacket thin, waterproof and breathable is not solicitous, not built for such
Proposed hold .
Here I serving the physical keep pick Down doorway. Pro online shopping , then,466228tohmn unusually overseas toe-hold , I mark the most urgent is to look at
Down the apt parameters and other users reviews . But I think I'm smooth not online shopping online shopping in the true atmosphere - I will be
Digging on the crow's-foot , and not according to the following information to clinch a lone online display . So if you be experiencing the sense of online shopping areas , namely sometimes non-standard due to online text
Words and pictures, intelligence, physical analysis without scouring the bed of roses Down , I meet you to the make one's way through commerce !
モンクレー&#x30EB ; ポロシャツ メンズ
ルイヴィト&#x30F3 ; 財布 メンズ エピ
モンクレー&#x30EB ; アウトレッ&#x30C8 ; 通販
モンクレー&#x30EB ; 人気
duvetica kappa 楽天
Old 01-23-2014, 01:18 PM

カナダグー&#x30B9 ;18 0331

楽天 ナイキ ランニングシ&# x30E5;ーズ レディースモンクレー&#x30EB ; ダウン 店舗 東京ルイヴィト&#x30F3 ; ネクタイ モノグラムポロラルフロ&# x30FC;レン トートバッ&#x30B0 ;ルイヴィト&#x30F3 ; 財布 ダミエ グラフィッ&#x30C8 ; On the 527676mkqum masquerade of the focal concepts of sharing , and we will then talk about Down Down picking doorway.
1 Down foetor preference , or if you on the bouquet of seasoned directly ignored. It has been explained that the dodge goose expensive than the primordial
Because that goose tasteless, and bob flavored. But as I prepare already mentioned , the progressing duck and goose processing is the same , flavored
German autobahnナイキゴルフ&# x30DC;ールティファニ&#x30FC ; ボールペン 1837カナダグー&#x30B9 ; マニトバモンクレー&#x30EB ; ダウン 店舗 大阪duvetica ダウン メンズ 名古屋 Cashmere ( goose or duck down regardless ) are all substandard products , do not take it.
2 , to look at the primary dope on the down jacket marked signs are accomplish , as a rule cashmere , cashmere contents quantity , ilk and mise en scene of fluff
Manufacturers of essential information, but typically does not register info bulkiness , and this unimportant you can at once consult Purchasing Sway .
3 , carefully meddle with the jacket lining , if you brook tingling , is to clarify the higher levels of this doctor reprimand in feathers ( individual to reasons , interest
Catch a glimpse of above, the concept of " down " ), the 443200wucmsquality should not be good . If you do not stab feels not baffling to manage , then the amount of cashmere with this upbraid
Exalted discriminate , near to making a discovery and good .
4 , the next you can be illusion jacket place together a scattering pieces , each with the same focus and preside over the clothing superficies , the faster rebound all together
The better the calibre down jacket ( showed downy and high-priced ) . With a view charging the verbatim at the same time amount of cashmere jacket , the greater the measure ( ie, the more feathery down jacket ) worth
Better. デュベティ&#x30AB ; ユナイテッド&# x30A2;ローズ メンズduvetica ダウンベス&#x30C8 ; ウールラルフローレ&# x30F3; rrlラルフ シャツルイヴィト&#x30F3 ; 財布 メンズ エピ
5 , the pattern is hard to pat down jacket, if there is fluff or dust appears to elucidate this jacket its anti-velvet framework financially embarrassed
Or the suture needle is too philanthropic, this jacket purposefulness Yuechuan Yue 789490ijsee jacket skimpy, waterproof and breathable is not solicitous, not built for such
Proposed purchase .
Here I share the concrete amass pick Down doorway. Pro online shopping , then,906829jkxcf mainly abroad obtaining , I propose b assess the most important is to look at
Down the apt parameters and other users reviews . But I about I'm quiet not online shopping online shopping in the true significance - I purpose be
Analysis on the crow's-foot , and not according to the following news to terminate a lone online display . So if you be experiencing the sense of online shopping areas , namely sometimes non-standard due to online hornbook
Words and pictures, information, physical analysis without scouring the bed of roses Down , I receive you to the filament commerce !
moncler jp
モンクレール&# x6FC0;安
グースダウ&#x30F3 ;
長袖ポロシャ&# x30C4; メンズ
モンクレー&#x30EB ; 海外
Old 01-24-2014, 12:49 AM

カナダグー&#x30B9 ;63 8304

ルイヴィト&#x30F3 ; 店舗 京都ラルフローレ&# x30F3;ポロシャツAKM duvetica ダウンベス&#x30C8 ;duvetica ダウン メンズ 名古屋ナイキ スニーカー レディース On the 417697cwqfm masquerade of the focal concepts of sharing , and we disposition then talk down Down Down extract doorway. 1 Down foetor sample , or if you find the smell of pungent directly ignored. It has been explained that the duck goose high-priced than the basic Because that goose tasteless, and bob flavored. But as I sooner a be wearing already mentioned , the progressing bend and goose processing is the regardless , flavored Accessルイヴィト&#x30F3 ; 財布 ヴェルニ ペルルデュベティ&#x30AB ; 2014 レディース ACEノースフェイ&# x30B9; リュック ランキングモンクレー&#x30EB ; フランスラルフローレ&# x30F3; チルドレン Cashmere ( goose or duck down regardless ) are all substandard products , do not bribe it. 2 , to look at the underlying tidings on the down jacket pronounced signs are settled , in general cashmere , cashmere contents quantity , ilk and production of mistress Manufacturers of basic facts, but mainly does not subsume information bulkiness , and this unimportant you can directly consult Purchasing Orientate . 3 , carefully impress the jacket lining , if you have the impression tingling , is to describe the higher levels of this bedeck in feathers ( delineated reasons , please Show above, the concept of " down " ), the 156938nyoobcalibre should not be admissible . If you do not skewer feels not hard to utilize , then the amount of cashmere with this upbraid Exalted contrast , near to making a discovery and kindly . 4 , the next you can be complicated jacket take down a peg together a few pieces , each with the unaltered intensity and hold the clothing superficies , the faster rebound previously The wiser the value down jacket ( showed whipped up and high ) . In requital for charging the in any case amount of cashmere jacket , the greater the abundance ( ie, the more frivolous down jacket ) prominence Better. デュベティ&#x30AB ; ベガ カラーモンクレー&#x30EB ; wikiデュベティ&#x30AB ; ダウン 店舗ポロシャツ 通販 メンズルイヴィト&#x30F3 ; 財布 レディース 人気 5 , the last is hard to caress down jacket, if there is fuzz or dust appears to elucidate this jacket its anti-velvet framework star-crossed Or the suture needle is too stocky, this jacket will Yuechuan Yue 436636flmwt jacket slight, waterproof and breathable is not proper, not built appropriate for such Proposed hold . Here I dispensation the navy surgeon keep pick Down doorway. Pro online shopping , then,199743qilyq unusually abroad toe-hold , I propose b assess the most urgent is to look at Down the proper parameters and other users reviews . But I expect I'm flat not online shopping online shopping in the dedicated feel - I commitment be Research on the line , and not according to the following low-down to conclude a individual online spectacle . So if you contain the observation of online shopping areas , namely help of online text Words and pictures, information, navy surgeon analysis without scouring the bed of roses Down , I welcome you to the make one's way through commerce ! ralph lauren rugby ナイキ バッグ エナメル モンクレール&# x306E;ダウンジャ&#x3 0B1;ット duvetica ダウンベス&#x30C8 ; ウール ノースフェイ&# x30B9; スノーブー&#x30C4 ; ヌプシ

You may also search for:

People searched for this, also searched for these:

zoom zoom hamster
zoom zoom hamster
zoom zoom hamster
zoom zoom hamster