Go Back   Paw Talk - Pet Forums > Rodents > Mouse & Rat Discussion

Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

Old 05-04-2004, 12:26 AM
Newborn Pup

stinkerpot is on a distinguished road
Question

how do you potty train your mouse?

Hi guys,
I'm new to this & was wondering if someone out there could tell me how to "potty train" a mouse.
I have'nt gotten one yet;however, I am getting things together ( the cage ,accessories) so that when I am ready to get one I will have everything in place.
I purchased a litter pan for the future little guy;however, there were no instructions as to how to go about this process.
If any of you have done this before & would like to respond, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

stinkerpot
Old 05-14-2004, 06:06 PM
Newborn Pup

Michele Mouse is on a distinguished road
Hi I'm Michele and new to this site. I have several mice. Sorry to say, but mice can't be potty trained. In their cage, they will sometimes pee in one corner. Most of the time they choose their wheel. (Its a mouse thing I guess) When I have my mice out of the cage, I keep paper towel close by to clean up any accidents. Mice can't hold it that long. Males like to sent mark everything, just incase there may be a female nearby.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:17 PM

wasat is on a distinguished road
I train mine by, each time I have them out and they drop a "raisin" (poo) I pick it up along with them and put both in the potty box. You have to have a potty box out and keep it is the same place. When you change the litter, put a few of the "raisins" in the new litter. Now piddle spots are a whole different story. You have to remember you don't own them they own you and have to scent you every so often to make sure you smell right to them. Just keep a paper towel in your pocket and know they "luv" you.

Tags
litter pan, potty train, potty trained