My mouse is not who he used to be - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-21-2016, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

My mouse is not who he used to be

I've had my mouse Sonar since November. He's always been very spunky and unusually fast. He would get hyper throughout the day and zip and twitch around his cage and run out to come see me. Now, he sleeps most of the day with 1-2 eating and drinking breaks. He walks very slow and appears to hobble. His poop looks normal. No signs of wet tail. But he's hobbling and slow and lethargic and he won't stop sleeping. The reason I'm wanting to talk about it is because he's already been to the vet. He's on Baytril, they think he had a UTI. There were small amounts of blood in urine. I'm going to take him back once he finishes his medicine in a few days but has anyone else experienced this? What was the outcome? Any suggestions or ideas as to what could be wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 01:48 AM

Hi Hwiskey, I am so sorry to hear that your mouse is sick. I have never had a mouse so I can't provide any suggestions except saying sorry. Trust your vet, they will take good care of your mouse and I believe your mouse will recover soon.