Go Back   Paw Talk - Pet Forums > Exotics > Chinchilla Discussion

Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

Old 10-03-2002, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Jade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond repute

Finally!!!!

Well, Elvis and I got back from the vet's today feeling very positive. We checked his liver values and they're falling. Slowly, but they are. She was able to check his teeth without sedating him (the tech who held him was fantastic! I dunno how she did it! LOL) as well as draw blood for the tests. The other enzyme secreted by the liver is normal, so that's VERY positive.

We've been going off of a chart of normal values for a chinchilla that says normal for the AST is 15-45. I was reading her books while waiting for Elvis to pee and found one that said normal was 96!! Elvis is at 77, so I'm hoping it's somewhere between 45 & 96. She called a vet info line and is waiting on their response. She's going to call me when she hears.

We also did a urine (had to wait 2 hrs for the stubborn little buggar to pee!! ) analysis and that too came back totally normal! No blood!

His bladder had felt kind of abnormal and rough, as opposed to smooth in the past when he was having blood in his urine. It now is smooth, but there's a lump directly adjacent to it that she can't identify. It doesn't seem to be connected with any organ, nor are there any warning signs of things going wrong. We're thinking that it's the scar tissue from the infected bladder pulling away and compacting. We're going to keep an eye on it and hope we don't have to go in.

He is eating on his own here and there, but seems to prefer the Kline over the Mazuri right now. I'm getting some more of this on Friday -- If he's going to eat something, I'm definitely going to give it to him!

He still has no water interest, but I'm sure that will come in time. We're almost there! YAAAAY!!
Old 10-03-2002, 02:01 PM
Fertile Myrtle

Christi has a spectacular aura aboutChristi has a spectacular aura aboutChristi has a spectacular aura about
WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Alabama Moms | This Is Me
Old 10-03-2002, 02:14 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

capnsweets is a jewel in the roughcapnsweets is a jewel in the roughcapnsweets is a jewel in the roughcapnsweets is a jewel in the rough
Woo Hoo! I am so happy for you and Elvis!
Old 10-03-2002, 02:17 PM
Akasha

Thats GREAT news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy i was getting worried about the poor little guy. At least things are slowly returning to normal WTG JADE AND ELVIS!
Old 10-03-2002, 05:03 PM
I Heart My Job

dragonmaster will become famous soon enough
yeay!. i'm glad he's feeling better.

I've been frosted!
Old 10-03-2002, 06:15 PM
Wanted: New Title

Lizgirl will become famous soon enough
Great news you two!!! Thank you for updating us.

Old 10-03-2002, 09:57 PM

Sassy is a jewel in the roughSassy is a jewel in the roughSassy is a jewel in the roughSassy is a jewel in the rough
Wahoooooooo! Great news Jade
Old 10-03-2002, 11:39 PM
Administrator

Jade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond repute

Here's my baby!
Old 10-04-2002, 10:10 AM
buny2phat

Glad to hear that he is much, much better. I am so happy for you and Elvis