illegal?

6K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Orcalover1126 
#1 ·
hey guys, jw,
i was at the pet store
(i live in socal)
and saw ferret suplies
BUT NO FERRETS!!!!
the lady told me that they are illegal because if they get out they will kill some kind of rare bird for food

is this true?
are there other reasons why?
are there exeptions?
answers will help.
thx:D

#8 ·
They are illegal because California takes its agriculture (and thus ecosystem) very seriously. The same reason you're not allowed to cross into CA with produce from other states. A population of animals that are not native to an area can cause all kinds of problems and upset the balance of the environment. It's a bummer for people who want them as pets but it's easier for the state to make them illegal than to try and clean up any messes from them upsetting the ecosystem.

#10 ·
Well, you would be fined indefinetly since if your even lucky enough to obtain one and smuggle it in illegally someone is BOUND to trace it back to you. But that would be worst case scenario since Im assuming you wouldnt own one in a state where they're illegal right? This would cause a series of other problems.

#12 ·
If you get one, what happens when it gets sick? You will have to take it to the vet and be fined and have to give it up.
If they get out of their cage they can kill animals even as big as cats. They are banned for a reason and there are no exceptions. Sorry.

#22 ·
They also know that there are people who break the law and they'll still buy the products. Sort of like it's illegal to smoke certain substances, but you can still buy decorative vases which facilitate their use. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.