Go Back   Paw Talk - Pet Forums > Other Pets > Rabbit Discussion

Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

Old 12-05-2006, 04:56 AM
Playful Pup

casperbunny is on a distinguished road
Question

my bunny started peeing on carpet

i have a house bunny [casper] we have had him for 9 years and he has always used his litter tray but the last few months he has been weeing on my carpet.he has the run of the house his tray is in the living room he doesn't pee in there he comes into the dinning room and does it even in front of me.i dont want to lock him up but its driving me crazy.does any one have any ideas? i was thinking he may be getting incontinant but he waits for the living room door to be opened,runs in the dinning room pees on floor the goes back in living room.any help would be very apreciated thanks :
Old 12-05-2006, 02:27 PM
Will It Ever Change?

mulder will become famous soon enoughmulder will become famous soon enough
i know with cats it means they either think their box stinks or they have a UTI. if it's new, the bunny's old, and the bunny's always been good. i reccomend going to the vet just to make sure
Old 12-05-2006, 03:37 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Sasami is a jewel in the roughSasami is a jewel in the roughSasami is a jewel in the rough
I agree with taking him for the vet to make sure it's not a medical problem. Remember to clean the spots he pees really well with vinegar or a strong cleaner so he doesn't smell it. Is there a way that you can confine him to the living room for a little while? Then you can work on his litterbox habits and he should forget about going in the dining room.

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Old 12-06-2006, 03:57 AM
Playful Pup

Smile

thank you for your help.
i have shut him in living room and moved his tray near to where he sleeps,he is using his tray but he likes us for company and follows us around so hes not very happy being locked up.i shall be taking him to vet but i dont think is medical as he doesnt pee on livingroom floor.i may get another tray for the dining room and see if that helps. thanks again
Old 12-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

kathydip is on a distinguished road
It sounds like he is trying to tell you something. Have you changed anything lately? One of our kitties peed on the floor when my sister moved out. He almost knocked me over once to get in front of me to pee on the floor!
Good luck!
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
Old 12-07-2006, 04:17 AM
Playful Pup

my oldest daughter had a baby she was still living at home and now i think about it it seems to have started when baby started crawling,but they moved out 2 months ago and baby is now a year old.do you think that could be it???? but now they have moved out why hasn't he stopped?? hes driving me crazy lol thanx for your help
Old 12-07-2006, 04:36 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Sasami is a jewel in the roughSasami is a jewel in the roughSasami is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by casperbunny
my oldest daughter had a baby she was still living at home and now i think about it it seems to have started when baby started crawling,but they moved out 2 months ago and baby is now a year old.do you think that could be it???? but now they have moved out why hasn't he stopped?? hes driving me crazy lol thanx for your help

That sounds possible. It's probably why he started but by the time she moved out it had become a habit. So by confining him for a bit he'll hopefully forget.

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Old 12-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

kathydip is on a distinguished road
He isn't always going in the same spot in the dining room is he? Then I would have to say it's the scent. Just make sure you get all the spots he hit already. You can use a black light. If you leave anything behind it could be drawing him. I learned that the hard way.
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
Old 12-07-2006, 06:54 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

andreaS15 will become famous soon enoughandreaS15 will become famous soon enough
What are you useing to clean the spots?
If he's going to the same spot over and over, then he can still smell his scent there. I use vinegar myself, but there is a product called Natures Mircle that works very well.

Adoption. Is the living option.
Can't Afford The Vet? Can't Afford the Pet!
Old 12-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Playful Pup

Smile

thanks all
he isn't peeing in the same place,i clean it with viniger and detergent.he is useing his tray in living room ok just runs in dinning room wees and runs back in living room.but we are shutting him in living room more so i'm hopeing that works and he forgets he likes to use the carpet for a toilet lol thanks for all your help

Tags
litter tray