Go Back   Paw Talk - Pet Forums > General Animal Information > Pet Health Concerns

Pet Health Concerns Post here if you are in need of a response regarding a pet health question. Medical advice cannot be given, only previous personal experience. (Archived since 5-20-08)
NOTE: THE INFORMATION ON THIS BOARD CAN NEVER BE SUBSTITUTED FOR THE CARE OF A VET. If your pet is ill, call a veterinarian immediately, do not post in this forum.

Old 11-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Newborn Pup

Verbal Kint is on a distinguished road

My Cat Is Dying, Help!

Hello,

I am very worried about my cat and I am not sure what is wrong. He sused to be nice and chubby but over the last month he has lost a significant amount of weight, he barley eats and his eyes look like they have sunken in and there is water/puss coming out from them. He is no longer active and mainly sleeps all day in odd places where he would never go before. I dont know if this is a coincidence or not but when my other cat died due to liver problems, about a few weeks later my poor cat started developing the symptoms mentioned above. He really has no energy anymore, he used to jump up on my bed but can longer do so, he used to come to your when you called but he no longer does. Is there a possibility he is depressed because of the loss of my other cat (his son?) ...Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't exactly afford to take him to a vet.

Thank you
Old 11-25-2005, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Jade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond repute
There is nothing that anyone here can tell you other than possible causes (which are many, the first that comes to mind is kidney failure). You really need to take him to a vet some how. If you can't afford care, many will euthanize at no cost so that he doesn't suffer.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:38 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

CTChin is a jewel in the roughCTChin is a jewel in the roughCTChin is a jewel in the roughCTChin is a jewel in the rough
I agree with Jade. You can't let that poor cat suffer. Have him euthanized humanely if you cannot afford vet care.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:10 PM
Playful Pup

twostep is on a distinguished road
It sounds like your cat is dehydrated. Is he drinking any water? If a cat stops eating for a couple of days, hepatic lipidosis can set in and then a cat won't eat even to save its life. It needs intervention and help to start eating again. Pinch the back of your cat's neck. Does it stay in a fold? If it does, then your cat is dehydrated and to the extent that it stays in a fold the more dehydrated your cat is. That, in itself, can kill a cat. Your cat might be able to get better but you have to find out what is going on. Even if it is liver disease, it can be managed. The liver is the only organ that regenerates itself . But if your cat is dehydrated because he stopped drinking water and weak because he stopped eating awhile back and you didn't notice it, then that's causing more problems and that needs to be fixed . You need to find out what is wrong with your cat. Right now. Your vet should be able to work out a payment plan and there are the sites below that should enable you to get the help your cat needs . Your cat cannot help himself. He needs you to do it for him now. For whatever you find out, either post or pm me.

http://www.carecredit

http://www.help-a-pet.org/home.html
Old 01-26-2006, 12:21 PM
Playful Pup

ashley49821 is on a distinguished road

sick cat

I would take your kitty to a vet immediatly!!!..Most vets will let you charge if u cant afford it. Maybe they can check for leukemia. Or maybe it just needs an antibiotic. I would advise you to take him to a vet asap though. Good luck on everything. I know how it is to have a sick pet
Old 01-26-2006, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Jade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond reputeJade has a reputation beyond repute
Ashley, just wanted to point out that this thread is 2 months old.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Playful Pup

ashley49821 is on a distinguished road

oops im a new user my bad

Next time ill check the date
Old 01-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Administrator

It's easy to miss the dates, which is why I mentioned it. No worries!

Tags
vet care