Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Found Homes...sort of

Tags
fish mollies
1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  HappyDancer 
#1 ·
As everyone knows I bought 2 Mollies a year ago and those 2 turned it to way over 100 pretty quickly. I was finally able to rehome a good portion to very nice homes, and with almost all of the rest we got the small family owned pet store to take them :) I felt horrid having so many fish in the tanks...I even rehomed almost all of the fish I had that had the bumps on them, an old lady took them :) she had no other fish and since they weren't sick, just bumpy, she wanted them, she loved the coloring lol...this is such a huge load off my mind...I worried that it was going to harm them living like that, I know only have 12 of them :) 9 are going to new homes in a week...lol I just had to share that I finally got mu Mollies under control, sort of lol

#3 ·
the 12 remaining are tiny so I am not sure, 9 go to new homes this weekend, then the remaining 3 will be sexed as soon as possible, right now the remaining 12 look to be 11 males and 1 female...I will try and get pictures this weekend. I felt like a horrid fish mommy with all the fish in the tanks, its kinda sad when you research the mess out of a fish to prepare yourself getting them and nothing prepares you for 2 fish (original 2 were females) to have babies, it all can get out of hand so quickly...I will probably not buy mollies for a long while lol, they are prolific little breeders, or at least mine were. I still have the original mommy, shes in a 2 1/2 gallon alone right now, she isn't looking well so I am keeping her isolated, the other original mommy lives with Ashleys friend...

In all the books I read and all the web sites I read none prepared me for all the babies happening so quickly, but I do know I did my very best taking care of them and I found amazing homes for the ones I could...I am hoping I sexed the remaining ones right, although right now at the fry stage it is hard to tell

#4 ·
I'm glad you got it under control. Baby fish are so cute but can get put of hand so quickly if your not careful, and it's not easy to be careful lol. Anyway just thought I'd say Good on you, if mine got so bad I'd end up feeding the fry to my fantail I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.