Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Free iguana to good owner, was ill cared for by previous owner

19K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  RodentzRule 
#1 ·
Hello, as my nick says, my name is Ryan. I recently took off of my roommates hands, her iguana, which she has poorly cared for over the last 2 or 3 months. I am doing what I can to care for it better, but have no time, nor the money or space to care for it exactly as need be. I posted a thread here , which better explains the ways the iguana was poorly cared for, and what little I've been able to do to make things better.
I have no idea the age of the iguana, it's roughly between 3 1/2 to 5 feet I'd say, nose to tail, and is male if it's name is any indicator (Tike).
I move to a new room I am renting this coming Saturday, and cannot take the iguana with me, so I need to find someone to take this animal soon. He has a home built cage, though I'm not sure how adequate it is, and it has a fixture with a standard heat lamp in it ATM. All of this is free. I'm hoping to find an owner to take it, because if I can't, I will be forced to try to give it to a shelter, and there don't seem to be many taking anything but cats/dogs these days.

#10 ·
My name is mykal and i am a previous iguana owner of a iguana that died of old age. And i am looking for a new mate and you don't have to worry about me not being a good owner i am a very good owner and have owned quite a few iguana's and could you call me about that one at 325-232-6603 or me at i can take it off your hands asap

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.