Go Back   Paw Talk - Pet Forums > Other Pets > Reptile & Amphibian Discussion > Lizards

Old 01-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

Padfoot is a jewel in the roughPadfoot is a jewel in the roughPadfoot is a jewel in the rough

Cleo (the Leo) pictures

Here are some pics of Cleo I took last week...

I just love her eyes, aren't they beautiful???

Ok, I took this one to show 2 faint orange lines she has on her tail.. of course they don't show in the picture... *sigh*

Maybe a closer look... can you see them? One on the base of the tail and another right beside the complete black line... They look brighter in person...

Well, either way, I hope you enjoyed them. 8)
Old 01-24-2005, 09:13 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

lixx is a jewel in the roughlixx is a jewel in the roughlixx is a jewel in the rough
She's beautiful!

Snuggle Buddies Come drop by!

Original Chinchillas

Chinchilla Breeders
Old 01-25-2005, 01:39 PM

glidergrl1513 is on a distinguished road
Yes she is! I can't wait until I get mine!

1 min pin-Shasta
3 cats-Milo, Oliver & Ojo
3 sugar gliders-Razzle & TicTac & KitKat
1 finch-Noodle
1 button quail-iPod

Old 01-25-2005, 01:56 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

Padfoot is a jewel in the roughPadfoot is a jewel in the roughPadfoot is a jewel in the rough
Thanks! 8) She's a little piggy, you can see her round belly and nice fatty tail. 8) She eats anything that crawls in front of her. LOL
Old 01-25-2005, 07:17 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Sasami is a jewel in the roughSasami is a jewel in the roughSasami is a jewel in the rough
She's so pretty! Geckos are awesome .

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Old 01-25-2005, 07:45 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Purplebunny has a spectacular aura aboutPurplebunny has a spectacular aura about
Red face

Shes lovely Padfoot!

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin
Old 01-25-2005, 08:23 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

veggiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutveggiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutveggiegirl has a spectacular aura about
Not much of a lizard person...but she is pretty!

Rats have rights...& mice too!
Old 01-25-2005, 08:28 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Millimi is just really niceMillimi is just really niceMillimi is just really niceMillimi is just really nice
She looks like she's well fed. I love her eyes too.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:56 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

Thanks!

Steph and Natalie, I guess that you 2 are not much of reptile people cause you have to feed them live things, right? Well, I recently learned that there's a gecko, the crested gecko, that you can buy some food for them and don't really need to feed them crickets or mealworms. 8) isn't that cool? I want one or 2 in the future. Here's a picture of one:
http://www.strictlyreptiles.tv/stric...o_close_up.jpg
I really like geckos, my second favorite out of lizards.. my favorite lizards are chamaleons... 8)
Old 01-25-2005, 10:53 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

veggiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutveggiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutveggiegirl has a spectacular aura about
Wow, those are cool!

Rats have rights...& mice too!
Old 01-26-2005, 05:31 PM

JEFFREH is on a distinguished road
Crested geckos shouldnt really be fed exclusively on the special diets made now. Its better as asupplement and I prefer live feeders myslef, it allows natural instinct to come in, excercise, and more protein and nutrients if properly gutlaoded.

They are GREAT pets though! I love mine. Here's my caresheet I wrote, it can be accessed through reptilerooms.com

http://www.reptilerooms.com/Sections...94-page-1.html

As for your leo, she looks GREAT! Very lovely colors and quite robust. As for the tail, what substrate does it have? Calci sand, vita sand, etc. that have orange color can cause this, and if you do have it on any of these I recommend you take it off asap. A test was recnetly done with some acid of a PH of 14 (much higher than a leos tummy acid). After 3 days only 33% of the sand was dissovled!!! That means 66% would still be in the gut and can cause impaction.

It could aslo be genetic. Thats what I'm assuming though. I dont see any coloring on the toes so I dont think you have those bad sands.

Once again Great looking leo! nice pics!

1.0 Bearded Dragon ( Charlie )
1.0 Crested Gecko ( Spike )
1.0 Leopard Gecko ( Leo )
http://reptilerooms.com
Old 02-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Playful Pup

HamterDudette is on a distinguished road
i have a question. do leo's(or any other gecko) have teeth? if they bite, will it hurt? anoles don't have teeth either, so i'm just wondering, which reptiles DO have teeth? snakes don't(i think), turtles don't.... but i know that most reptiles that don't have teeth have powerful jaws, so it'll hurt anyway.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:25 PM
Formerly known as Lucy_Madden

Luciana Mottola is on a distinguished road
beautiful eyes!! how old is she?

2 yorkshires (Ankh and Amy)
4 rats (Aaron, Thor, Lee)
1 hamster (Panda)
13 Guinea piggies
Old 02-19-2005, 07:33 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

Thanks!
No, I read a lot before getting her and had all set for her (more or less, I actually planned to hold off a bit before getting her, but I was made an offer I couldn't resist... and got her for a LOT cheaper than I thought... so anyway... I did my research and decided to go for paper towels. I soon discovered that crix hid under them, and I didn't liked it, so I got some really cool tiles and that's what she has. Right now she's on paper towels again, cause I don't have her on her regular tank, which is the one that has the tiles that fit right. 8) Either way, she won't ever be in any type of sand. Better safe than sorry.
Hmmm.. I think snakes do have teeth. Tiny teeth if they are constrictors and those 2 fangs, plus tiny teeth if they are venemous...
I also think that leo's have teeth, but as far as I know their bite doesn't hurt much... I haven't been bitten by Cleo, she once's opened her menacing mouth to my finger when I had her at first, but she has always been pretty much tame. I don't really know how old she is. I have had her for... about 5 month I think... not sure... and I'm pretty sure she wasn't a hatchling when I got her... already had that nice fat tail, and it was sold to me as an adult, but a friend of mine thinks she isn't cause she still has some lines on her. She's supposed to be completely spotted when she reaches adulthood. 8)
Old 02-19-2005, 07:39 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

BTW...

Here is a pic of her regular set-up, with the tiles (not her current set-up, which is a 30g tank, so I can't fit the tiles there) Later, I removed one of the hides to leave her more space, but she has both hides now in the 30g... either way, those tiles look like sand and they are pretty cool, what do you think?

Tags
crested gecko