Older dog jealous of new puppy
As i discussed in my other thread I have a 4 yr old cocker spaniel/king charles (has been the only dog in the house for 4 yrs) we just recently rescued a new puppy (3 months old) German Shapard/Beagle. The older dog (princess) was ok with the puppy (diesel) on the 1st day (Tuesday) they slept beside each other and she kept licking his face. Diesel likes Princess and tries to play with her. On the 2nd and 3rd day (today) he has been worse. Princess growls at him and nips him. Diesel will not fight back he just lays there. When she plays he wants to play with her and then she gets mad, if we pet him and not her she gets mad only sometimes. She kisses him a lot though. If we seprate them in idfferent rooms they cry for each other. When we crate Diesel at night she will sleep by the crate. If we leave them alone together they are fine and do there own thing. So it is like they get a long 90% of the time and the other 10% they do not.
Some people say Princess is being jealous, other say you just need to ignore them and they will learn, and others are saying she is trying to "mother" the puppy.
I'm not sure what to do or what I should do any advice? (any articles to look at, dvd's to watch, books to read)
I've google topics, looked up things on youtube, even wrote the dog whisper. Im just having trouble finding anything that relates to our problem- they get a long sometimes but not others.