Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Schnoodle?

6K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Scarlette 
#1 ·
Hi guys! I have been doing research on dogs (already) for next spring. I came across a schnoodle, 1/2 snausser 1/2 poodle. Any one have an experience with this type of dog?Schnoodle photo Gallery

#6 ·
I HAD a friend that breeds them, she never seems to have enough of them. They are so cute. As far as I know she has never had anyone say bad things about them. No bad tempered ones.

G
#8 ·
They are really cute..but I wish people wouldn't keep mixing animals together...there are already so many different breeds, that soon we will have very few pures....but I wouldn't mind having the Mercedes pup, now that was a teddy bear face!! LOL:angel:

#9 ·
Pup

Let me tell you this first, don't get a new dog or puppy just because they look cute! But i'm sure you know that already lol. Research breeds. I see you're interested in Schnoodles. Good! My family just got one and i have to say, so far we are impressed. We've had her for two weeks now and she's already become a big part of our family.

Schnoodles in general come in a variety of sizes depending on what the parents were. (IE: Standard, Mini, Giant) My girl is three months old and is 6 lbs. She might grow to 15-20 or she might stop at 8, we dont know because we didnt meet the parents. So think on anywhere from 8-30 lbs for most Schnoodles.

From what i've noticed with my girl (and from what i've found online - Google the breed and it'll bring up lots of stuff), well...she's really smart. She's already going to the door to be let out, she's got the basics of loose leash walking in just a few days (along with sit, watch me, and let's go), she's surprisingly gentle with my two year old cousin, and she loves to be around people.

LIke i said, google the breed and you'll find everything u need to know! Try to get a pup from a breeder or a shop that sells pups from breeders (IE can provide breeders name and names of parents), don't get one from a regular pet store. The breed is too new and the pet stores get their pups from anywhere - the pup could be sick or have a genetic health problem.

Hope this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.