Go Back   Paw Talk - Pet Forums > Dogs and Cats > Dogs

Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

Old 12-12-2002, 09:52 AM

Sassy is a jewel in the roughSassy is a jewel in the roughSassy is a jewel in the roughSassy is a jewel in the rough

Top Dog Breeds for Seniors

For the elderly, life can sometimes be lonely. However, studies show that having a pet to share their love and time can help alleviate anxiety and boredom, and even improve health. When selecting a dog for an elderly person, you should consider some basic characteristics, such as size and temperament.

Typically, smaller dogs do better. If the dog becomes ill, a small dog is easier to carry and transport to the veterinarian. He or she should also be a dog that enjoys a life of being petted and cared for. In other words, your basic "lap dog." Dogs that require a lot of exercise or are rambunctious are not good choices.

Click for the article
Old 12-29-2002, 12:02 AM
still waiting for a title

patnjackmom is on a distinguished road
I like that you have Pugs at the top of your list. My grandmother who is almost 90 years old currently has a Pug, and is spoiled rotten. Tanya is 4 years old, and needs absolutely nothing. If it weren't for Tanya, I couldn't imagine what my grandmother would do. It gives her a reason to walk 3 miles twice a day.

Leigh Ann, Scott, Patrick, Pumpkin, Gizzy Izzy Wizzy, Brighton, Princess Jill, and Baby Jaqueline
Old 12-29-2002, 06:10 AM

Sassy is a jewel in the roughSassy is a jewel in the roughSassy is a jewel in the roughSassy is a jewel in the rough
My grandmother is 79 and currently has a 3 yr old pekingese. I don't know what the 2 of them would do without the other.

Tags
lap dog