Go Back   Paw Talk - Pet Forums > General Animal Information > Animal Welfare & Legal Issues

Animal Welfare & Legal Issues Post articles, news alerts, and anything else pertaining to animal welfare. Legal issues and obligations regarding our pets such as renter's rights/responsibilities, vaccination laws, animal bans, etc. are also appropriate.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:40 AM
laugh often

Mousey is on a distinguished road

I feel so bad

I feel so horrible. Today my boyfriend and I went to the petstore to get some dog food and of course we go wallerinig in the rodent section to say hi. Well there was this beautiful beige and white hooded odd eyed female rattie. The sad part was that she was awfuly skinny and had very bad diarrhea and was covered in her own filth. I feel so horrible for leaving her there. I feel so bad I almost wanna cry. She was so little I think she may have been too young to have been weaned. . I am sorry I just had to get this off of my chest. It bothers me so much when people treat animals so bad just because their not the popular pet or just a feeder animal. When they are feeder shouldn't that become an even bigger reason to treat them well and make sure they are healthy? At least they'd have a good life for the time being.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down
2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
Old 02-29-2008, 03:35 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

pinkie1205 will become famous soon enoughpinkie1205 will become famous soon enough
That is usually how it happens. I go into the petstore and see rats that are little like mice.

I oooh and awww and stuff and my boyfriend just says lets go. If I had my choice I'd bring them all home with me.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:13 AM
Guarded by Waffles

christine will become famous soon enough
I feel so bad for the animals but don't want to support the mills. I have just stopped going to pet stores period because I don't want to support them. I order everything online or get it from my vet if it's Xena's food
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out Beast Boards
Old 03-01-2008, 12:54 AM
laugh often

Mousey is on a distinguished road
When I lived in cali I supported mom and pop petshops but since I have moved, all that's near by is petco or petsmart there are a few mom and pop petshops here but they don't have alot of the supplies I need. After my boyfriend and I get situated and into our own place we are going to save up mony for a petstore well a pet supplies store and then when that goes well an animal shelter. But in the mean time I am stuck going to chains every so often and since I have to go I can still try to make them treat their animals humane.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down
2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
Old 03-01-2008, 09:16 AM
RAT ADDICT

VanillaRat has a spectacular aura aboutVanillaRat has a spectacular aura about
Thats sad.So many people see them as food or pests only and do not know they are wonderful pets and need good care,just like a cat and dog!

Maybe you can order your products online?

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Old 03-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Will It Ever Change?

mulder will become famous soon enoughmulder will become famous soon enough
awww im sorry you saw that *hugs* if it helps, here in canada we have a store called pet valu and it sells pet stuff out the wazoo but NO ANIMALS. i love this store, go it it anything i need anything.

Tags
animal shelter, dog food, female rat, male rat, pet store, pet stores, pet supplies, wonderful pets