View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 11:16 PM
Playful Pup

Claire is on a distinguished road
This sort of thing makes me so angry too! I live in Canada, and we don't have that chain up here, but I've seen pleny of other petshops with similar conditions. Let me just say that every animal I've ever gotten from a petshop has been sick, or traumatized, or mistreated in some way. Most petshops don't really care about the animal's welfare...all they care about is making money. Rescue organizations are the ones who really care. They do background checks on potential 'parents', and they make sure you know how to take care of the animal you want to adopt. Does any petshop ever do that? Say you're buying a rodent of some sort - they couldn't care less if you want it as a friend, or as food for your pet snake...Or some people might even want to buy a rabbit to eat themselves. Hey, that gives me an idea. I think I'll do an experiment and see if any petshops will sell me a bunny if I tell them I'm going to eat it. Hmmm...this should be interesting. But anyway, if I lived in the states, I would definately join the boycott