Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Old rabbits....

Tags
mini rex
5K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Stgtanya 
#1 ·
How old has everyone seen a rabbit get to? I thought they were only supposed to get to 4 or 5. I had a rabbit die in September, he was 9! (I know because he was born here) And another rabbit I had had to have been at least 8 yrs old. I have a rabbit now who is 7 years old, her name is Gizzmo. She is such a cutie. So do I just take really good care of rabbits or do they live longer than I am hearing? Here is a picture of Gizzmo. :bun1:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I have old flopsy he is 9 this year and that is a nice ripe old age for a rabbit but most people are lucky the get 5 for most people dont feed their rabbits right so you must be doing a great job ... :)

#5 ·
i feed them rabbit chow, bread, crackers, carrots and lettuce once in awhile. and they get a handful of grass in there bowls every few days. maybe that is the secret, bread, lol. they get a slice of bread, pellets, and water every day. i alternate with all the other things. hmmmm.... got bread? lol. i had a rabbit once who was a blind deaf albino. IT WAS HUGE! that rabbit had to have weighed about 10 pounds. he was a old rabbit too when he died. hmmmm whats with me and all these old rabbits. lol. i only have 2 rabbits now, i want some more.

#6 ·
My 2 boys are coming up to 5 and are very healthy they used to have brown bread baked hard in the oven but they are on a diet ,and because they are getting older they have more of a veg and hay diet so I can cut out the some of the calcium.When my friend went to a rescues centre they had a rabbit that was 13.

#7 ·
wow that is old.. some animals end up surprising us with how long they live.... i had a hampster that was about 5 years old when she died, and i had a horse that was 35+ when she died, which is like 15yrs longer than the average life expectancy of a horse.

#8 ·
its a very sad day in my house ...mr flopsy has passed over to the other side ..he was 9.5 years old ...we will miss him so. :cry:

G
#12 ·
Old rabbits

I had 2 old rabbits. 1 passed on last summer. His was a dwarf named Thumbalina and he was 10 years old.
My other rabbit, Pepper,is a rescue and are not sure how old he is. He was about 2 when we got him 5+ years ago. Maybe somebody can tell me what breed he is?
Pepper is the large white/black spotted one.:D

Attachments

#15 ·
well my eclipes is very heavy and she is a rex and so is my coconut ..there are pics of them on here if you want to see .. my coconut is small for a rex but eclipes is fat thanks to Possmonica

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.