View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 10:16 PM
Newborn Pup

pixie5249 is on a distinguished road

Injured Bunny

Hi! I've fostered many wild bunny babies.Without seeing the little guy,I'll do my best to help.It sounds like the baby is old enough to eat on his own.I would try to get some water into him to prevent dehydration.Any pet shop has small animal bottles for feeding.Make sure you hold him at an angle on his back and feed very slowly to prevent him from breathing in any liquid.The blood at the nose,broken leg,and the fact that he was stepped on leads me to believe that there may be internal bleeding.He'll die if he doesn't get professional help.Regular Vets usually won't treat wild animals.Your local Humane Society should have volunteers that deal with helping rehabilitate wild birds,bunnies,squirrels,racoons etc.They're taught how to fend for themselves,as to not bond to people,and they'll even let you know when the set yours little guy free.Please,I beg you,he's a wild animal,and even if he were to survive,his heartrate will be escalated and he'll always be nervous.Please take him in the the Humane Society.They know what they're doing.