Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2006 Christmas/Holiday Card Exchange

13K views 43 replies 24 participants last post by  fstybrat 
#1 ·
With the upcoming holiday season upon us ... I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in doing a christmas/holiday card exchange.

How it works is whoever is interested in participating would PM me their name & mailing address & email address. I will collect names starting now & continuing through November 15th. I would then compose a list of all the names & addresses of the people participating. I will then email that list to everyone participating.

What you will then do is buy enough cards for everyone on the list. You will then physically mail everyone on the list a card.

It only costs the price of a stamp (.39 unless it is international) and the cost of the card.

To be elegible to participate -
you MUST have a minimum of 200 posts & have been a registered member in good standing for a minimum of 2 months.

I realize not everyone celebrates Christmas ... so it can be a general holiday card, or even a card from whichever holiday you celebrate.

This is actually really fun & really hightens the holiday spirit to receive more cards in the mail than bills

So what do ya say?!?!

If you're interested in participating ... PM me your name, physical mailing address & email address you would like the list mailed to.

Names will be collected until November 15th.

See less See more
#4 ·
candyraver said:
[EDiT]WAiT...must be a member for 6 months? :( I been fairly active tho? :( [/EDiT]
maybe they will make an exception for you since in dec it will be 5 months for you. Who knows can always hope though.

#7 ·
I'll discuss the eligability requirements with the other mods & see about changing it a little.

Please make note that if you participate in this ... you MUST send cards to EVERYONE participating ... not just people in your area. Even if that means sending international ;)

#8 ·
fstybrat said:
I'll discuss the eligability requirements with the other mods & see about changing it a little.

Please make note that if you participate in this ... you MUST send cards to EVERYONE participating ... not just people in your area. Even if that means sending international ;)
Thanks!!
I don't mind sending international,I do on a regular basis because I have penpals in the USA,UK,Japan & a few other places.So thats def not a problem ;)

#9 ·
The sending international is why I'm hesitating to join... I'd love to, but I don't have any idea how much that would cost...

About how many people participated last year?

#10 ·
I can help calculate postage ;) (I believe I have a website I can post to help also) I think last year was when we had the most international (from US) participants & that was 3-4. I think each card was still less than a dollar.

If I recall correctly we have around 20 give or take 5? It really varies from year to year though :) One year we did it & had 35 & another year we only had 10 or so ... so really it is unpredictable ;)

#17 ·
you MUST have a minimum of 200 posts & have been a registered member in good standing for a minimum of 6 months.

Guess its wishful thinking since i have 75, i seen you guys doing this last year thought it was neat, but with a rule like that i cannot participate. tad unfair.

#18 ·
I would like to, but I don't hit the 6 month mark until December 2.... is the cut off 6 months by November 15th or 6 months by December 25th?

Let me know if I am eligable.... Thanks!

#20 ·
specialname said:
you MUST have a minimum of 200 posts & have been a registered member in good standing for a minimum of 6 months.

Guess its wishful thinking since i have 75, i seen you guys doing this last year thought it was neat, but with a rule like that i cannot participate. tad unfair.
We have change teh eligablity to 2 months ... however ... even though you have not reached 200 posts yet- since you have been a member for so long - I will make anexception, merely because you are participating in the 50/50 raffle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.