Paw Talk - Pet Forums - View Single Post - African Grey stole my heart
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2003, 09:28 PM
Deja
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by JGawana
I love Greys. Their intelligence level freaks me out! Don't ya hate it when an animal steals your heart??!!??
Yes! They are so smart it's freaky - and the color of their eyes, the way they look at you - it's piercing... as if they are examining your brain. They are awesome birds.

Stealing my heart thing, omg...
It's happened to me. It's how I got Dante!
It's also how I got Daphne... from the same breeder in Florida. It was total love at first sight. I was down there visiting for a few weeks. The first place I always go is to the bird store/breeder place. I bring pictures to update them, I talk and play with the babies etc... it's like a day at Disney for me
I saw that gorgeous baby Citron Cockatoo the first day. She picked *me*. He let me hand feed her... I would leave there in tears. I did all my homework, weighed the decision carefully...
I ended up calling the airline, paying the fare and home to NJ she flew with me.
Of course... at the end of the day when all was said and done my heart was broken. I was just in way over my head with a Cockatoo ( RA flares, hospital stays, surgeries, days chained to my bed and a Cockatoo isn't a good match... they aren't a forgiving breed, as much as I love her, I just wasn't physically capable of giving her the all around attention she needed)
I learned my lesson the hard and painful way.

Ugh. Rambling again sorry...

Mallory - I totally understand how you feel when you say you wish you could have taken him home with you. He sounds like a total love-bug.

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome