Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Ahhhh Big Deliah Chillin...

Tags
lay eggs
3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Deja 
#1 ·
:bfly: :wave: Just a few pics of the great one big D chillin, shes going into shed at this time and shes also saying quietly to mom wheres my next rabbit....:D

#10 ·
Hey Bearacuda!! Great pics of big D! Why don't you post pics of the towel that you do when they start to shed so everyone including me can see it.
Thanks for everything girl!

#11 ·
:D Deja, thats a funny one to explain, breeding is sometimes complacated with CB snakes, you need to cool them down for few months then bring them back up to full heat and the female will ovulate and you put the male in with her, hopefuly they will breed sometimes you can get by not chilling them down, he has little spurs on his vent for clinging to the female during breeding she has them to but not as big as the males, they do alittle slithering around each other and stuff and he intwines her and well thats about how it goes and if all goes right between 4 and 5 months later babies are born, boas have live babies and pythons lay eggs.. Durring her preg, she will stop eatting as theres no room for food.. Also twoards the end of preg she will lay with her side exposed to the heat and she will go thru a post birthing shed a week or so befour birth... Angela NP on the towel thread....:bfly:

#13 ·
ohhh wow - thank you for explaining that Trace... I knew there were snakes that gave live birth but I had no clue which ones.

How many babies will she have if the breeding is a success?

When the babies are born, are they totally independent? They don't need their mothers after they are born right? So, I imagine you would remove them and put them in a separate habitat?

So facinating! Thanks for putting up with all my questions!! :bfly:

#14 ·
Deja, she can have anywhere from 20 on up to 45 or more, more than likely around the 30 range, but because of her size and depending how well she does first time out i could end up with alot of babies.. As for them being on there own, they are right from birth.. Most baby boas are removed within the first day of being born to seperate housing for each one, after few days they will shed and then should start feeding on pinky mice or pinky rat pups.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.