Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Homemade doggie treats??

2K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Brenda 
#1 ·
I go to this nice specialty dog/cat store to buy Wellness. They have a doggie bakery and it smells sooo good in there, LOL! :lol: It smells like people cookies! They make everything right there, and it can be a little pricy. My question is, has anyone ever homemade any doggie treats? I would love a recipe to make my own!!!! Like peanut butter treats or something like that maybe?

#3 ·
Another one..http://www.thepoop.com/pooppantry/default.asp

Red Son's Reward - Wheat Dog Biscuits

3/4 cup hot water, beef broth or chicken broth
1/3 cup margarine
1/2 cup powdered milk
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp parsley flakes
1 egg, beaten
3 cups whole wheat flour

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In large bowl, combine water or broth with margarine. Add powdered milk, salt garlic, parsley and egg. Stir in flour in 1/2 cup increments, mixing well after each addition.
Knead the dough for 3-4 minutes and roll out to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes, place on greased cookie sheet and bake for 50 minutes.

Remove from oven and let dog biscuits cool until dry and hard. (I often leave them in the oven after turning it off.) Makes approx. 1-1/4 pound dry dog biscuits.

BONE APPETITE!

#6 ·
I've wanted to make my own dog biscuits too!! I've seen dog bone shaped cookie cutters in a few stores...

I'm going to get one and give it a try - Thanks for those links Brenda!!

(maybe Rocheal can taste them for us - she only charges 5 bucks!! :rofl: :hide: ) (kidding!! honest!! :lol: )

#7 ·
It was no problem Deja all I did was search for Dog Treats and dozens of links popped up, but I only posted the ones that got my attention.

Deja:) Are you really kidding about Rocheal tasting one...HMMM do I get the sense of another bet going on for her?:hungry: Don't put it past her those recipes might actually be appealing to her!

*I had already dared her to taste some Chinnie food (pellets not treats).:sly:

**Gee we are "both" going to be in for it if/when Rocheal sees this!!:walkaway: Is there room for me?:hide:

#8 ·
You guys are so mean. :no2: I don't want anymore dog treats...

:scratch2:

:hide:

:brow:

:eat:

You better watch out! Im gonna rid everyone of their 5 bucks and if you multiply that by how many members paw talk has....

You can bet your bottom dollar im hungry, Brenda!! :approve:

#9 ·
Originally posted by Rocheal

You better watch out! Im gonna rid everyone of their 5 bucks and if you multiply that by how many members paw talk has....

You can bet your bottom dollar im hungry, Brenda!! :approve: [/B]

:rofl:

I didn't think about that...gee you would have money left over for yourself for Christmas!:twocents: I am putting the animals first, of course.

*guess I didn't try hard enough to hide from ya?:dance:

:dog:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.