Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Negative Reputation Ratings

5K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  Jade 
#1 ·
I'm going to implement a rule here, effective from now on.

If you leave negative reputation points for a user, you absolutely MUST state a reason in the comments. Negative ratings left without a comment will receive an administrative reciprocal negative rating, which is worth 12 points deducted from your reputation. Please keep in mind that admin can see who left what rating and that this system is not a popularity contest.

The reasoning behind the comment rule is to prevent abuse of the system and leave constructive criticism and/or suggestions for improvement, rather than a simple "I don't approve." Ratings with no comment or suggestion will only leave the user wondering and likely angry. We simply would like to avoid that situation. Wouldn't you like to know why you were rated negatively if in that situation? I think we all would.

Thanks for your cooperation!

#3 ·
A positive will have a purplish dot like the ones you see in threads, negative a blue dot. Grey dots are neutral, in that usually the person posting has less than the necessary 50 posts to add or detract from a user's reputation.

G
#4 ·
Thanks Jade. I just got graded low, and although I don't mind, as everyone has different opinions and I know things sometimes get taken differently on a forum than what was intended, I still would like to know why they dissagree. There is a chance I might learn something, which is always appreciated! I can't change unless I know what to change. :)

#5 ·
The goal is to make the system constructive, rather than destructive, hence the now required comments. :) I really hesitated in even enabling it but think that we're all mature enough to use it within certain guidelines, you know?

#7 ·
hey there guuuys! ok, i can't tell the different colored dots from each other. you said that in the threads there are purple dots...but they look light blue to me. ??? which colors are which? for instance...in the thread (next to someone's # of posts), what color is that?
thanks!!!!! :)

#20 ·
Grey ones are from those that do not have either enough reputation or enough posts to count against you or boost your own reputation. Essentially it's just a comment. You must have 50 posts and 15 reputation points in order to give reputation with point value.

You can check and make sure of the type of reputation by right clicking on the image and going to properties. If the image name is reputation_balance.gif, that's a neutral rating. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.