Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Building your own chinnie cage

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  kittygurl823 
#1 ·
We really would love to build our own cage for Bailey soon. :yes: I was wondering, what are some designs you use to build your cages? What materials do you all use to make them? We have never built a cage before! Thanks so much guys!! :)

#2 ·
Well seeing as we don't have our chinnies anymore :bawl: because we moved to Italy I will try to remember, the hubby used to use what looks like chicken wire (can not remember the gage) and we used clear storage containers as the bottoms, he bought some springs and what looked like "C" hooks to attach together to use for closing the door as well well as connecting the sides of the cage through a hole that he drilled to the bottom. He used the same type of wiring for the shelves and we cut and placed chloroplast (spelling) over the shelves for cushioning. Now if you want something fancier there are other's here that have built some really nice looking cages for their chinnies as well. Each cage cost us about $8-$10 to make. Good Luck, and I hope you find what your looking for, I would attach a photo of what ours used to look like, but can't begin to find the disk for the life of me :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.