Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

owner dies.... dog will soon... HELP

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Exotica 
#1 ·
My aunt and uncle both passed away recently..My aunt was only 42, and had three cats and two dogs....

We thought we had the dogs lined up for homes, but at the last minute, the people with good intentions showed their true colors and backed out.......

my grandparents decided that they couldn't handle it anymore, and dropped one of the dogs off at an animal shelter in Crawfordsville... where they are widely known for having a short timespan between the time an animal gets brought in, and when it is put to sleep... it's usually one week.... two for puppies.....

She went in either yesterday, or today..... let me know if anyone can help... I've been through a lot in the past few weeks, and the thought of my Aunt's baby being put to sleep makes me so upset I can't even think straight. :(

#2 ·
an update,

on another msg board, on court tv's website... I posted a msg.... thankfully, the response outpour to the shelter the dog was taken to, has been enough to get them to not euthinize the dog.... they are working very hard on getting the dog into a rescue....and there are people lined up to take her home already if they can't find one for her soon.......

#8 ·
Lace, I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt and your uncle passing recently. It's a shame that what you thought you had lined up with the people who wanted your aunt and uncle's animals, fell through. But, the great news is, you pulled it off after all of your hard work and effort, because of your love for animals. It would have broken my heart to pieces too, if anything would have happened to my releatives pets at a shelter like that. I would have tried my best too. You really deserve a great big :grouphug: for saving those animals :clap: :lol: :clap:

#9 ·
Thanks guys... we're not completely out of the water yet.... but getting there :D

We have one small issue... the two cats....

Sam is a big boy, black and white, long hair....
Sadie is a calico/tortshell shorthair female.

both are fixed and declawed... they must be adopted out together, as seperation from the third cat, caused them all huge grief (the third cat is going to be put down due to sickness from grief, the vet cannot help him anymore.)
Both Cats are avaliable for adoption for $65 at the Madison Co. Humaine Society in Anderson Indiana.....
Pm if anyone you know is interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.