Paw Talk - Pet Forums - View Single Post - Sexing 3 week old pups?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2004, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Raiquee

Thanks so much for your help!

Romping Ratties, this is indeed our first litter...an "accident" per say. 6 healthy pups, not a runt in the litter! I am so proud!

I do work in a pet store, but never had experiance with baby baby rat pups before, usually when the rats come in, you'd hafta be pretty stupid not to know the difference since the testicules are decended and all. But these were a bit of a challange. We have 3 girls, and 3 boys! Even split

However the pups were a surprise, so harry has already gotten vodka pregnant again. I feel terrible for her, since i know backbreeding is very stressful on her. Harry has been put in a seperate cage, and when the pups are weaned and seperated he will get the 3 boys to play and cuddle with.

Is there anything i can feed vodka or anything to give her a boost of much needed vitamins? I know with chins you can put some cranberry juice (100 percent) in there for a little boost, do you guys or Romping ratties do you have any suggestions?

We are keeping the rats from the litter, plan on buying a BIG cage (one for males and one for females) and babies are just adorable I love them

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome