Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Shivering? please help!

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  babygirlleelee 
#1 ·
Please help me. My ferrets have been staying at my parents house while we are away. we just got back and have been gone about four days. My little girl is shivering a lot. What could this be? There is a dog in the house, they are not used to that, but after four days and the dog is not allowed in the same room as them (dont worry she wouldnt hurt them) But I am being paranoid so if someone could please let me know what could cause this. Its not as bad as sezures, but its not cold in here, just about what we have at home so i dont think its temprature. ANy ideas are welcome. We are taking them home now and hopefully she will stop. If she dosent stop by tomorrow I will definately have an emergency stop at the vet.

PS - I Cant spell sorry

#2 ·
Well I'm not really a big help on ferrets but is she shivering or is she more "vibrating" I know that when I had to clip ferret nails we would distract them with a ferret suppliment. They would get so excited that they would just start vibrating. I'm wondering if she was just so excited to see you she started to vibrate. Kay should be around to help you. She is much more the expert then me.

#3 ·
Thanks for the confidence Dena!

Soccer...
I used to have a little girl who would do this out of excitement. Ferrets actually can stress easily. The dog, the different people, sounds & atmosphere can all play a role in this... and to see "you have returned for her" may be just pure excitement. Does she shiver constantly? Does eating, drinking & bathroom habits all appear to be normal?

If everything seems to be normal then I wouldn't worry to much at this point. Get her back into her routine, give her lots of extra attention & monitor her real closely for a couple days. If any sudden changes appear or she actually has seizure symptoms then deffinately call yoru vet right away.

Please do keep us posted, kiss her on the nose for me. :hugg2:

#6 ·
Thanks guys!! I was totally stressed out and spent most of the evening giving her lots of attention. She is doing much better now and I think it was just me being paranoid. As soon as i can get pictures I will post them. =) she and her brother are soo cute!!

#7 ·
aww soccer, believe me I KNOW first hand what you mean about getting paranoid!! That is part of what makes us good ferret parents! It means we are observant & paying attenting to even the slightest changes in behavior... and it is that, that could save their life one day!!! :D Don't ever be sorry for being paranoid!! :hugg2:

I'm glad she is doing better!! can't wait to see pictures of yor babies!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.