Paw Talk - Pet Forums - View Single Post - 49-foot python captured in Indonesia
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2004, 02:15 AM
Exotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnos
I don't know how to express my distaste for people who choose live in the habitat of an animal and then kill the animal for being there too without coming off as very rude. So I'll just leave it at that.

Rav
Rav, again I agree with you, it's very disheartening to see people kill a wild animal rather than relocate it, but it's even sadder to me to see people justify the actions of others who do this... Part of humanity's problem is we THINK we have the rights to every bit of land on this earth, and that we have the rights to kidnapp baby animals, and to kill the ones who get in our way. We need to learn how to Co-habitate with these creatures, or we're going to end up with more extinctions on our hands...
I was always upset when my parents would kill a snake in the yard "oh god It could have bitten one of you kids" my mom would scream as she was lobbing it's head off with a garden hoe...
I could never help but to think.... it'd teach me a lesson....
my point is, learn about things.. you have a fear of snakes, learn about them so you won't be in a situation where you feel that you must kill the poor thing, learn how to avoid a bite....learn how it hurts them so to have their heads chopped off *their brains still register pain hours after the head is severed.* Education is key to saving our animals....and people just don't care...
edited to add..sorry if I come off so preachy, I've been dealing with my parents on this issue for years...
and the "dangerous snakes" they kill....
pshhhh.... Garter snakes and "bull snakes" *rat snakes*

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome