Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Mandie found a permanent home!

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  jmb9101 
#1 ·
Yesterday morning a woman rang me at work to ask if she could come see Mandie last night. She had received an email off my best friend at work (my best friend works with hundreds of people and I sent her a picture of Mandie and her details and she got it sent to everyone in her building) and was asking me all these great questions about her (training questions etc.) Then another woman rang me that got the details from my mum's workmate. They came in the afternoon to see her at work. I rang the first woman cause I wanted to be nice and give her the oppurtunity to say that she'd definently take her (she was very happy with my reequirements when I told her on the phone so I was confident she'd make a good Mandie mum!) and I had to leave a message with her colleague. So the other people came and they were good too...they lost their foxy earlier on this year, she was an older woman. While they were there the original woman rang me so I took the call out the back and explained to her that other people were looking at her. She sounded so disappointed and she told me to tell them to go away cause she was her dog and she would come and pick her up tonight! (this happened yesterday)

So she came to my house at 8pm last night and spent an hour at my house, asking me about crate and clicker training, how to get her microchip details changed etc. This woman was awesome!!! The daughter wants her sleeping on her bed but the mother hadn't fully agreed with that yet. She also took my email address and she is going to email me with updates and pictures of her!! She also took down the name of the place that has the dog pool cause she wants to take her there when she is fully vaccinated.
I'm totally confident that she went to a good home. I told her if she had any questions on training or anything at all to just call me and she told me that she would.
Just wanted to share.....and Mandie....I think they are going to change her name but she'll always be 'Mandie little dog' to me!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
thanks Natalie! I got really sad yesterday at work when I knew she was going that night but when they came and I met them they were so awesome I was really happy cause I know she is going to be totally adored by them.
I couldn't keep her...she has been tormenting shadow and shadow has had diarrhoea from the stress so I'm sure Shadow is going to be very thankful of me!!! :lol:

#5 ·
She is out of her cage righ tnow and the brat has learnt how to open the doors to the junk room...that room is totally not rabbit proofed and I can not get her out of there!! she just keeps running away from me and then looking at me as if to say 'there are soooo many toys in here mum, don't make me leave!'

#8 ·
That's so awsome Carm! I'm glad you found her a good home and they weren't drunk this time ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.