Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Gordie attacked my sons today

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  cute_HA 
#1 ·
Gordie attacked my youngest son while we were watching t.v and then he ran over to my oldest son and ripped up his back. My husband is making me return him to the Humane Society tomorrow. 2 weeks ago he attacked my middle son while we were laying in bed and talking on a Sunday morning. He told me to take him then but I thought it was just a freak incident. Now after watching him go after both my other boys I realize (much to my oldest boys dismay) that I should have taken him then. :(
I am so sad for Gordie and my kids. They are so afraid of him and my husband wants him dead.
Oh what a mess!

Reactions: Purplebunny
#6 ·
Awee what you must be feeling at this time....just have faith that gordie will find the "right" home for him, one with no children and like desiree said maybe one with an older couple.
Please be sure to tell the humane society about his actions towards your kids, so they can put a note of it in his record for the next family that is wanting to adopt him.

#9 ·
So this was my day yesterday. My husband decided to take the day off to get ready for National Guard (which he left for moments ago.) I got my kids ready for school while I got ready for work.
I got Gordie's things ready to take to my sister-in-laws house. As I am doing this my middle son goes down to the basement where Gordie stayed the night with a light on all night after he ripped up my oldest son's neck and back. And my middle son is just holding him in his arms with tears streaming down his face. He didn't know that I had changed my mind and decided not to return him to the Humane Society at this point. It is full right now and he will most likely be put to sleep at this point. Behavioral issues are pretty much a death sentence right now. I couldn't think about anything else all night long so I decided that even as an outside cat at least he's alive flea treated and Tina my lying sis-in law will at least provide food and water for him. I can make sure he has flea treatment and keep him up to date with vet check ups. He is fully clawed and resourceful so it is better at Tina’s (she lives in the country on 2 wooded acres of land) than in a cage waiting for death.
So I tell this to Hank and he stops crying and tells Gordie how much he loves him and that he will miss him terribly.
I packed up Gordie in Moose’s kennel and I put his pet bed in the kennel to provide shelter for him until he can find a warm safe place to sleep. Fortunately he seemed curious and pretty happy when I took him out there.
I had to work all day and be a happy sales associate all morning and afternoon. Then I picked up my kids form school and went home.
My mom who doesn’t like animals and my husband who tolerates them for my sake both tell me, “ Who cares if Hank is upset! He’ll get over it. You never should have even had Gordie to begin with. The stupid cat”
Then my husband made a couple more tasteless comments not relating to this situation and went to bed about an hour before everyone else.

What a day! Some days I really don’t like people!

#11 ·
Well here's an update. Gordie is living at my sister and Brother-in-laws and is doing well so far. They have him outside but they have food and water out for him and have made him a bed to go into to get warm. It has been unusually warm and lovely during the day and cool at night but not too cold. He should have plenty of time to grow his winter coat. They are also planning to bring him into their utility room during the coldest nights. So I feel quite a bit more at ease about that.
My sons and I miss him very much but we can visit him whenever we get a chance and he actually seems pretty contented. 98% of the time he is very loving and sweet so maybe he wanted to get out and that was why he attacked my family. I don't know for sure but it is getting a little easier everyday.

#12 ·
Good luck! Hope he finds a home where everyone in the house loves him!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.