Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

For the love of Polo! SHUDDUP!

3K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  jmb9101 
#1 ·

Guess who learned how to say Polo today!!!

And guess who got it recorded LOL

Nikko is DRIVING ME NUTZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get an occasional change of words but he's on a Polo kick today. He's "Practicing" to "Perfect It" and poor Polo is going crazy while I down the aspirin....

If you want to share my headache with me....

Here it is...

(not the greatest recording...but it'll give you the right idea lol)

http://www.picolio.com/Video/NikkoLearnsPolo.mp3

He seems to really really really like saying "Polo" today LOL

Note, the sound file, besides the background humming/keyboards being plucked away at, and the occasional jingle of Nikko's bell.. it is TOTALLY NIKKO -- No Nikki, no humans, no nothing... just NIKKO lol

See less See more
#3 ·
:rofl: I'm listening to it now!!!! OMG poor Polo!!!! I can't stop laughing!!! I can just imagine Polo sitting there thinking 'what on earth do you want Nikko' I understand why you have a headache though!!!! He is LOUD!!!!!!! And very consistent!!!!! :rofl: Omg he is still going!!! I swear I heard him say Polo follow me at one stage and it now sounds like he is trying to say Polo roll over. It's probably just him saying Polol over and over but they sound like that as well. Oh wow I need an aspirin now! Thanks for sharing!!!!

#5 ·
Hmmm... how to explain two big dogs and two medium size birds with attitudes...

Both Nikki and Nikko tease the dogs... they are relentless and unforgiving about it. They call them over, they tell them to STAY!, they whistle for them to come inside...etc etc etc... The poor dogs never quite know if they are coming or going with these two birds harassing them.

The dogs like the birds though because they are always good for a free meal. When the birds get fed the dogs perch themselves in the begging position right next to the cage and the birds giggle a lot and throw down scraps for the dogs to eat ... The birds do, however, make the dogs work for their food... "Max Sit -- Go get it!" is Nikki's favorite thing to say. Though Max is no longer with us, Nikki still thinks it's just dandy to call all dogs Max lol Nikko often says "Sit, sit, sit, I said SIT," leaving the poor dog sitting there wondering what it's doing wrong until Nikko finally throws the scraps...

When the birds are low the dogs often try to inch over for a sniff. Both dogs are VERY GENTLE about it... and birds reach out VERY GENTLY like they too want to be with the dog...but as soon as the dog has been conned into getting close enough, the dog gets a decent nip to the nose and is forced to tuck its tail between its legs and back off (btw... if you hear what sounds like a bad word in the recording.. I assure you..that's Nikko saying "BACK OFF!" just like my son says way too often to my girls... but..Nikko doesn't form the word well so it sounds a lil more like something more..shall we say .. fowl :p)

If the birds "fly the coop" both dogs immediately SIT and STAY, but only after getting about 5ft from the bird so they can watch it... they refuse to get closer than that though because they are wise to the evil tricks of these feathered beasts...

In short... the dogs kind of like the birds...and the birds LOVE teasing the dogs....

#9 ·
OMG he sounds so much like my grey it is scarey LMAO! Maybe it's his long lost brother?

My dogs have never listened to my bird. He is forever telling them to "lay down" and "shut up" but they never listen. He even likes to combine their names. I have a Chucky and a Blue, who we often call Blueberry. He loves to say "chuckberry!" Greys are awesome :D

#12 ·
LOL!!!! Those stories sound so much like my uncle's bird!!! He has a macaw (one of the big red ones) called Paco and a Shar-Pei called Rolex. Well... Paco often calls Rolex like crazy, and when Rolex comes running to stand in front of the birdcage, Paco stays silent and when Rolex walks away he starts laughing and after a while calls Rolex again. LOL It's the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. 8)

#13 ·
OMG! My dogs are SOOO freaking out right now! Ears perked, running back and forth from me to the front window...When Nikko makes that clicking sound or whistles, they start barking and running around like they've gone insane trying to figure out who's calling them! :rofl: Okay, enough, I've gotten to the point where he's just repeating it over and over and over! "Polo, Polo, Polo, Polo, Polo..." I feel like shouting out "Marco!" :lol:

#17 ·
OMG Deb, it sounds like my house!!

Toby gets obsessed with words. We never know what word or phrase he'll decide to start repeating over and over. I posted a few months ago about him repeating PeekABoo. I thought I would go insane! :rofl:

The other day all he did was repeat "I love you!".

And the dog thing? That's exactly how it is here. They love to sneak around his cage and look for any treats. Manto likes to pic up big nutshells, like walnuts, and sit down and chew on them like they're a rawhide. :rolleyes: Toby loves to harass the dogs.... sounds just like your guys. Isn't it great how good the dogs are with them? Toby was on the floor the other day and chased Manto (120lbs) out of the kitchen. Funniest sight!!

Uh oh.... I haven't given Toby breakfast yet and he's repeating "You hungry? Come on bubba" over and over and over.

I think our kids have OCD Deb!! :D

#18 ·
omg deb! i could not stand that all day! i feel for you.

hey mandie - when i listened to that, chaquita completely freaked out. at first her ears were just perked up and she was tilting her head back and forth. then she started full-on barking and ran outside to chase away whatever it was. :lol: she finally came back in and kept growling until it ended. :rofl: penny just looked up like, 'what's the big deal?' hahahaha!

#20 ·
lol, Its driving Eli nuts!! he's trying to find the oth er bird....right now we are house sitting and they have quite a bit of birds, but non of them really talk that good lol so he's looking his crown goes up at every whistle and polo lol and he's looking inthetray for the other bird.

#23 ·
LOL well for what it's worth he has not stopped saing "Polo". He REALLY REALLY enjoys that word.... BUT he is finally starting to say a bit more in between. "Com'r Polo", "Hello Polo", G'boy Polo", "Whatcha Do'n Polo", "Luv Polo", "Nikki Polo Nikki", etc, I am starting to miss the conversations he used to have with Nikki but it seems Nikko is intent on teaching Polo how to talk now lol and during the quiet moments he just says Polo.............. Polo............................. whistle............. Polo LOL

#25 ·
He has never said Chelsea's name. He still only snags her with whistles and the word "Come", "Come'er" or "Sit" (she's the only one that listens well to those commands lol).

Nikki still calls Chelsea "Max" since that was the first dog name she learned....

If either of them are saying Chelsea it's not clear enough for me to understand it. I'm assuming the sounds required to say that name are difficult and not near as much fun as "Polo" ... who knows lol They both use to love to say "Terra" (my hubbys name) but ever since Nikko learned Polo even that has stopped. He's completely addicted to "POLO" lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.