Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

11-12 Month old Male Pit needs home ASAP

5K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  SugarLovesRats 
#1 ·
For those of you who may be interested or don't know the story, on Oct 1st 2004, "Q" was brought into the clinic for a deworming. The owner had to go to work, so Q was left at the office and was to be picked up that afternoon.
The owner never showed up :( Attempts to contact the owner have been unsuccessful and Q is now deemed "abandoned" (we think the owner may have gone to jail as Q's been coming to the clinic since he was tiny and the owner paid to have him treated for Parvo several months ago. This is not a dog the owner would have just dumped)
Q is a tan and white, unaltered male and is extremely friendly. When he first came to us, he jumped all over people and pulled hard when on leash. Since his time with us, he's learned not to jump on people and leashwork is getting MUCH better! Q is still learning basic commands as I am the only one that is really "working" with him. He has NO food aggression, however he is Dog-aggressive. Q really needs to be in an only dog home. Not sure how he would do with cats, but I wouldn't recommend it. With children, Q would probably do well although I would recommend older children as he is a big boy and kinda clumbsy sometimes (could easily knock over a small child)
In a home, potential owner needs good knowlege of bully breeds and their stubbornness. He craves love and attention and is MORE than happy for the tiniest amount of affection and praise. I think in the right hands, Q is VERY trainable as he is a SMART dog. But the owner would have to be firm with him.
If you are interested or know someone who may be interested, please call Academy Pet Hospital in Fayetteville, NC at 910-484-7153 for information.

See less See more
#2 ·
Forgot to add, please feel free to crosspost

#3 · (Edited)
Q will be sent to the pound (and euthanized if not claimed in 3 days) on Wednesday. I have someone coming to look at him on Monday so keep your fingers crossed for Q. He's a GOOD dog and doesn't deserve to be euthanized! :(

Just an added note: I would take him myself but for his dog aggression and although I'm sure would be fine with Kali, Orion will not have it. I can't crate him here or lock one of them in a bedroom as I am renting and can't really afford to replace yet another door! Please, if anyone can foster or would like to adopt Q PLEASE let me know! I've grown quite attached to him and the progress he's shown in behavior over the past 2 months has been incredible!

#5 ·
Mandie I'm so sorry hun, Darren wanted to ask if you all have contacted the Sherrif's dept. or the county clerk's office, because if the owner is in Jail they would know.....or maybe they could track him down, and if that doesn't work have you all thought about contacting the local media??
I so wish I was there to at least be able to foster "Q", no dog deserves this.
:hugg2: a hug goes out to you for your efforts, I know how hard this must be on you.

#7 ·
SugarLoveRats said:
Just wanted to let you know there are alot of Pit rescues down south here's one in nc i found http://geocities.com/ImladrisDogs/ do a seao asearch i am sure there are more! Good luck!
Thank you, I e-mailed them and if they aren't too far, hopefully they can take him in. I couldn't find where they were located

#8 ·
I e-mailed about 3 other rescue organizations that aren't too incredibly far from me. I'll let you know when I hear from them. Thanks for you're support guys, I've grown attached to Q and really don't want to see him put down

#9 ·
One reply already from the rescue SugarLoveRats posted...they are about 2 hours away, but unfortunetly just took in 11 heartworm infested Golden Retrievers and don't have anywhere to put a dog agressive pitty :(

#11 ·
Thanks Kim...did you get my PM?

#15 ·
Thanks for the link Stephanie...I've e-mailed many of them already and no responses yet :(

#17 ·
SugarLoveRats said:
I really hope you find one that can take him, if you can find a pitbull specific rescue I am sure they will take him and might even come get him, I wish you and Q the best of Luck, and I wish I was in NC I would foster him!! But PA's a long way!!
transportion can be arranged. i wouldnt mind going to pa to save a dogs life.

#18 ·
Update- I just got a call from the other Kennel Assistant (I'm rotated off right now till next Wednesday) and "Q" is gone :( Dr took him to the shelter yesterday afternoon. I feel so horrible right now...poor Q didn't get a home in time and all the other no-kill shelters and rescues are full. I really wish Orion and he could have gotten along, but they didn't. :cry:

#22 ·
I know...the only way I could have taken him is if I set up the outdoor kennel in the backyard and I just couldn't do that to him...it's getting chilly at night and it just wouldn't be fair :( I still feel bad

#25 ·
Mandie I am so sorry hun :hug3: you did everything you could in trying to find him a home, I know it's hard when you can't save them all.......Just know that "Q" knows he was cared about greatly prior to going to the shelter and that he will thank you forever for all your efforts :hugg2:

#26 ·
Thanks for your kind words everyone :hug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.