Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
4K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  Millimi 
#1 ·
well, Charlie is the stray cat that i've been trying to rescue (he has his own thread in the "animals in need" section. he is up for adoption). well, it actually snowed here today (we knew it would) and when i opened the front door, there he was waiting for food and he had snow on his back! :rubcry: so i made the immediate decision that he needed to be inside. so i locked the dogs out on the back porch and got Charlie and quickly carried him into my room.
at first he was very unsure of everything, but i went back outside and got his bowl and went in my room and fed him and gave him water. i took the extra bottom half of layla's litter box and put some litter in there for him and put it in my room. then i went and let the dogs back into the house. i went back into my room and sat with him while he ate and then i left him alone for a little while.
i started cleaning the house a bit and went back into my room about 20min later and he was hiding under the bed. :) he was a little scared, but ok. so he came back out when he saw me and i stroked him a lot and he ate some more. then i left him alone again for about another 20min. well when i came back in, he was chilling out laying on my bed! :woohoo: i was so happy!! he was purring and all comfortable. :D so i went and cuddled with him and he was getting nice and warm. he seemed to understand that he was ok. :) so i cleaned my room a little bit after that and he was fine. just hanging out on the bed. when i laid down on the bed again he actually started kneading my chest and purring! :D
so as of now he is doing well in my room and is sleeping on the bed in a ball.

i'm so happy he isn't outside!

i'll keep you guys updated!

please keep him in mind you guys! if you know of anyone that would like to adopt him, please PM me asap! :yes:

See less See more
#9 ·
well, it's not as much chaquita, carmen. it's that my future roommie is very allergic. :(

update:
he is FABULOUS! just lounging in my room all comfy!! :D he has gone to the bathroom 3 times and ALWAYS in the litter box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: he will make a great pet. nothing bothers him. he just isn't crazy about being picked up, but he just slides out from your arms. he slept in the bed with me last night and woke me up meowing that he was hungry! :lol:

last night he peed in the box and it stunk sooooooooooooo bad! we could smell it through my door into the living room! it permiated everything! but it WAS in the litter box. at first, i thought UTI. but then my nan suggested that it was because he's an un-neutered male cat and it was probably his scent-marking stuff. :puke: BUT:
he's getting neutered monday!!!!! :yay: i will keep him with me all through his recovery and then post him on petfinder.com.

he is so cool. just sleeps in my room and is NO trouble. i just love him, and it will be sad to see him go.

but yah for charlie! i swear i will post pics soon, but my family's going to open gifts now (we couldn't wait! :lol: ) !

#10 ·
I'm glad he is doing so well, that's awesome Jane! Yah, I bet it smelled so strong since he isn't neutered yet. But cat pee smells really bad as it is, especially on your carpet! :thud: Ack!
Yay! I'm glad he is going in the litter box and eating well!
Ohh can't wait for pics! You are opening gifts now?! :rofl:
I will be sending him good luck vibes for Monday! :hug3:

#15 ·
thanks!! :D

new, great update: ok, i took him to the vet today (along with my cat, layla - she needed her nails done) to get everything except the neuter done (that's on monday). he had ear mites (i knew he did) but we got that all taken care of with medicine. so they are all gone! he got updated on his shots (got a new rabies tag cause he lost his first one) and got his bum cleaned, too. :lol: the vet said that he was, of course, purrfect with the vets. :D that's my boy! always an angel!!

layla on the other hand was SATAN as usual. hahahahahahaha!

so he is back in my room and is doing great. he is lounging on the bed and LITERALLY hugging one of the dogs' pillows. :rofl: so cute. i also found an extra blue cat collar, so i put it on him with his tag. :)

just wanted to tell you that he's great!! i want to keep him soooo bad! ugh!

#18 ·
yes he will, denise. :) he's still good. just hanging out in my room. he is always hungry and thirsty, though. a few times he drank his water for like, 45 seconds to a min without stopping! :lol: he was probably just dehydrated cause he never drank his water outside. i don't know why. but i can't let him eat toooo much cause i don't want him to make himself sick. but i do feed him a little more than normal so that he'll gain a little weight. :D

i'll keep you guys updated. he is losing his manhood monday! tee hee.

#19 ·
He is gorgeous Jane! It's a sahme about your friend being so allergic...he would make a great companion for you!! Better than satan!! haha! I hope all goes well on Monday (I'm sure it will)...losing his man hood.....he can tell Milko what it's like :lol:

#21 ·
new update:
one of jim's friends is interested in Charlie. so i sent jim an email about Charlie that he can fwd. to his friend. :) here is what i wrote in the email (i'm not including the pics i sent):

General info:

*male, tuxedo cat
*estimated at 1.5 - 2 yrs old
*updated on ALL shots
*tested negative for all diseases
*will be neutered as of monday, dec. 27
*will be ready to go home at the beginning of january
*does not particularly like dogs or other cats.
*comes with a collar, litter box, litter scooper, and food bowl (new owner will need to purchase a water bowl, bedding, scratch and play toys)
*loves to be stroked and petted. is not crazy about being picked up until he really knows you (i can cradle him like a baby), but will just squirm out of your arms. also not crazy about having his butt area scratched, etc. is extremely loving and even gives "kisses" with his nose on your lips! :) would prefer to be an inside/outside cat, but will need to be familiar with area before let outside.

Rules of Adoption:
If you adopt him, he is never to be an outside - only cat. He must be kept updated on all current shots - this includes all "outside" shots. He is to always have a collar on with his current information and is to be micro-chipped. If you cannot keep him, he is to come back to me immediately. A home visit is required before adoption can take place.

what do you guys think? i hope it can work out! his friend lives in a house in Dallas. btw- Charlie is still great. :D

#23 ·
Millimi said:
Sounds good. :yes: He is adorable. If you have one cat why can't you have another, or did I miss something?
this will explain:

in the winter of 2000 my parents got me a cat for xmas (i wanted one). i was still living in the college dorms so they kept her for me until i moved out in may. her name is Layla. well, after i moved into an apt (with roommates), i brought Layla up and she was really pissed! she hated it and was very stressed out. so i decided to send her back home with my parents until i lived on my own without roommates. i lived at that apt until december and then moved back home with my parents. when i moved back to denton in the summer i took Layla with me and moved into an apt by myself. well, she hated it again and was super stressed out and upset. so aaaaaaaaanyways...my parents and i decided that it'd be best if she just stayed at the island with my parents. i was sad to let her go, but i knew it was best for her.

so while my parents were moving this past couple of months, i had Layla in the guest room with me. she just left today actually. but Layla couldn't ever come out of the guest room because of the dogs.

sorry that was sooooo long. i guess i went into a bunch detail. :lol: does it make sense? :D

#24 ·
well, i did something stupid! :doh: i accidentaly fed charlie at 5 this morning. i was half awake (just taken a "nap") and did it without thinking. :thud: so i have to reschedule his neutering. ugh! but it will be asap!

so yes.....this is me living up to my PT title. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.