Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

My cat has gone round the bend

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  papabear98008 
#1 ·
Sunny has been acting strange recently.
It feels like he is waiting for someone to come.
He stands at the door, I take him out and he just jumps straight back in again peering round the door to see if anyone is there.
He keeps jumping on the bed and putting his face right into mine and he has a far away look in his eyes.
He is very old and I was just wondering if anyone knew if cats start to act wierd before they die?
I do not want the old man to die. :(

#2 ·
Awww...I hope he's okay. Sometimes my cats act REALLY weird. Maybe he's just being weird for no reason. How old is he?

#3 ·
16 years.
He has been doing it now all week.
He wants to be with us all the time too.
It is just the look on his face has changed.
His eyes are always half closed normally but now he looks wide eyed as if he is searching for something or someone.
They say cats can see ghosts. Well in the house we live in my gfs mum died here and it will be her years anniversary of her death on Tuesday.
Could it be that?

#4 ·
Sometimes cats pick up on emotions and super charged feelings. Just something to think about. I don't really believe in actual ghosts as in spirits still on earth kind of thing. But I do believe somewhat that people leave behind something sometimes when they go. Some kind of resonance or energy. And it may or may not be stronger on or around the day they died. He could be sensing this. But, as a precautionary measure, since he is quite old, I suggest you visit a vet because his old age may be catching up with him. Good luck...give him hugs!!

#5 ·
You know I was wondering the same thing. My old cat Murphey(19) is moving slow sleeping alot and when he is awake it is like he dosnt want me out of his sight. My two daughters live with me 21 and 18 so I should not worry while Im in Mexico for a long week, but I feel he will be gone when I get back. I will let you know when I get back!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.