Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Wet dog = crazy dog!

4K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  aya99 
#1 ·
:lol: Gumbo's such a dork!! Any time he gets a bath, immediately after he's horribly hyper. I told Chris if I didn't know better, I'd swear he found some caffeine. :rolleyes:

We just came in from outside where it's pouring down rain and he did it again. I'm wondering if it has to do with being wet. He runs laps around my apartment at full speed, butt down, legs splayed out like a little maniac. I've often wished I had a video camera! :lol:

Anyone else's dogs go crazy like this or is mine the only weirdo? :rofl:

#2 ·
yes! mine mostly do this after a bath. they roll around to get the water off and chase each other like there's no tomorrow. :D sometimes chaquita comes in from the rain all hyper, but calms down pretty quickly. penny is just thinking, "i'm wet." haha!

i wish i could see bath time!

#3 ·
biscuit doesn't go crazy! she actually loves a bath! she'll sit in the bath, and will groan as I shampoo her, and not move. Then of course she needs to sleep cause sitting still and groaning is hard work so she generally goes and snoozes somewhere afterwards!

#6 ·
Odie does go crazy too! He hates his bath, but stands stiff and doesn't moves while I'm shampooing him. I wrap hin in the towel and dry him as much as I can, and when I let him on the floor, he starts running, grabs toys and shakes them like mad (he kills his toys after every bath), and dries on MY bed... and.. I have pics to prove it! LOL.. I don't think I have ever posted these pics before, even though they are a bit old...

Needless to say, I have to change my bedsheets every time I bath him...

#9 ·
Rocky doesn't get too nuts after a bath but Sophie does! Sophie runs around making all kinds of noises, throwing her toys, and rubbing against furniture and sometimes people to dry off, lol.

#11 ·
Amethystbelle said:
My Lhasa does exactly that if she gets wet or has had a bath she rubs herself along the floor or along the bed if she can get on it, her butt in the air dragging herself along its quite funny to watch, she also tugs on the towel when you try to dry her :lol:
LOL, that's exactly like Sophie, hehe.

#13 ·
Well Zoey is new to us, and he is not a pup anymore, but not quite 4 yet. I gave him his first bath with us, and he stood there like a proper gentleman...then i trimmed him with the clippers..had to make him studdly. He stood there like a gent yet again. I posted the pics already if you want to see!! We are proud of our new baby.

#14 ·
Ollie used to rub himself on our bed and all 3 sofas after a bath so now when they have been in the bath I lay their quilt down in the hall and they both rub themselves dry on that :)

#15 ·
Jade said:
:lol: Gumbo's such a dork!! Any time he gets a bath, immediately after he's horribly hyper. I told Chris if I didn't know better, I'd swear he found some caffeine. :rolleyes:

We just came in from outside where it's pouring down rain and he did it again. I'm wondering if it has to do with being wet. He runs laps around my apartment at full speed, butt down, legs splayed out like a little maniac. I've often wished I had a video camera! :lol:

Anyone else's dogs go crazy like this or is mine the only weirdo? :rofl:
Haha, my dogs (they passed away due to old age) used to do those things when they're was stillwith me... they would do just that and i dont know what's it with rain and bath time but they just become hyper active... haha, they must think that they're gremlins or something... multiplying in vast numbers when wet... haha:D oh one of my dogs... Frances used to chase her tail everytime she was given a bath... haay... those good old days...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.